Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone remember Cinderella Ball?

Does anyone here remember the Cinderella Ball? It was back in the 60's, held at the Book Cadillac Hotel. I remember going several times, with my mother, grandmother, aunt and cousin. It was usually right before Easter, which meant, of course, we wore black shoes. White shoes were for after Easter---that's the way it was done! They had characters dressed up like princesses, a life-size pumpkin coach, and you got to try on the glass slipper. If it fit----seemed like it fit everyone---you got a prize, usually a doll. I still have two of those dolls. So, does anyone here remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Does anyone here remember the Cinderella Ball? It was back in the 60's, held at the Book Cadillac Hotel. I remember going several times, with my mother, grandmother, aunt and cousin. It was usually right before Easter, which meant, of course, we wore black shoes. White shoes were for after Easter---that's the way it was done! They had characters dressed up like princesses, a life-size pumpkin coach, and you got to try on the glass slipper. If it fit----seemed like it fit everyone---you got a prize, usually a doll. I still have two of those dolls. So, does anyone here remember this?
    I never got to go. I had to stay home and do the scrub-work while my family went.