Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Grosse Pointe Park driver tells police he was beaten after crash in Detroit

A 34-year-old Grosse Pointe Park man is undergoing surgery today after he was severely beaten Saturday on Detroit’s east side, moments after exiting his vehicle at the scene of a crash. Nate Szczerbinski said he’d been driving the wrong direction on one-way Vernor Highway and, as he went to turn around, a burgundy van hit him nearly head-on.
    He got out to check on everyone. “They were like, ‘Did you see what the [[expletive) you did?’ ” Szczerbinski said. “And then they proceeded to hit me. All three of them were just hitting me and kicking me, spitting on me and calling me ‘white [[expletive).’ ”

Szczerbinski, who is white, said the three men were black. He didn’t fight back, he said, and was afraid to give the full story to police until he reached the hospital.

Detroit police spokesman Adam Madera said Szczerbinski, once in the hospital, told police that the swelling to his face was from a beating, not the crash.

Police then went to the home of the other driver, 20, and arrested him on an assault charge, Madera said. Officers are seeking two other men suspected of involvement, and descriptions aren’t immediately available. Police said it’s up to prosecutors to decide whether the allegations involve ethnic intimidation.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140609/NEWS02/306090130/driver-beaten-Detroit

Oh no, it's Steve Utash all over again!

Uwazaj brat!

Well, first of all, all the facts aren't in. Sometimes these stories turn out to be shams.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/police-vete...estland-attack

No doubt this story will be closely watched so we'll learn more fast.

I agree, should be interesting to hear what really happened...

A little skepticism never hurt anybody. It's going to be a long, hot summer. I think at times like this it's a good idea to keep a cool head.

The comments section evidences classic Detroit-style logic: "Stop the stupidity. This didn't just happen to white people. I remember seniors who got the same treatment."

Um... OK?

GUSHI Guest

I'm not surprised, human life means nothing to the younger crowd of detroiters. To bad the guy didn't have a gun, and send these suckers to there maker. No car is worth a human life,

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    I'm not surprised, human life means nothing to the younger crowd of detroiters. To bad the guy didn't have a gun, and send these suckers to there maker. No car is worth a human life,
    So for my son who is part of the younger crowd in Detroit human life means nothing? And all his friends and their friends too?

GUSHI Guest

You would have to ask your son that question, for the most part in my experience it means nothing to most.

There is no excuse for anyone assaulting anyone else but as others advise above it is best to wait for the full details on this. Even the victim admits that he was driving the wrong way on a one-way and had been drinking. Subtract the racial dimension and that would PO a lot of people anywhere but a especially in an area where drunk hit and run drivers have killed children and others.

What do we know, what don't we know and ONLY then what do we think.

You would have to ask your son that question, for the most part in my experience it means nothing to most.
    I don't have to, he has made it clear in words and actions that he does. Ditto for his young friends. You stated that all, now back-tracked to 'most' in your second statement, young people in Detroit have no respect for human life. I am just asking you to back that up with some facts and not anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Well, first of all, all the facts aren't in. Sometimes these stories turn out to be shams.
    We don't need all the facts in for this story. We can go right ahead and jump to conclusions. A hardworking but naive suburbanite was driving through the ghettos of Detroit when some drunken thug going the wrong way hit his vehicle. Upon the thug realizing he hit another vehicle, the thug got out of his van and began to administer street justice on the poor suburbanite.

Now when suburban folks continue to abandon Detroit, people will yell "racism" and all kinds of other nasty names. It's clear though, if you're the wrong kind then you're not allowed to drive through Detroit. This is not the first time a good suburbanite was wrongly assaulted for daring to travel through the jungles of Detroit.

I wish a speedy recovery to Nate Szczerbinski. Will Eric Holder charge his assailants with a hate crime? Probably not.

GUSHI Guest

Just watch the 10 o clock news, same shit every night, most crime is committed by young people, if you don't see that, then your blind.

GUSHI Guest

if 3 white guys stomped on a black person in sterling heights, the good preachers would be out for justice, and call it a race crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    We don't need all the facts in for this story. We can go right ahead and jump to conclusions. A hardworking but naive suburbanite was driving through the ghettos of Detroit when some drunken thug going the wrong way hit his vehicle. Upon the thug realizing he hit another vehicle, the thug got out of his fan and began to administer street justice on the poor suburbanite.

Now when suburban folks continue to abandon Detroit, people will yell "racism" and all kinds of other nasty names. It's clear though, if you're the wrong kind then you're not allowed to drive through Detroit. This is not the first time a good suburbanite was wrongly assaulted for daring to travel through the jungles of Detroit.

I wish a speedy recovery to Nate Szczerbinski. Will Eric Holder charge his assailants with a hate crime? Probably not.

GUSHI Guest

Its not the middle age and old folk committing the crime, it the kids and young adults.

if 3 white guys stomped on a black person in sterling heights, the good preachers would be out for justice, and call it a race crime.
    Metro Detroit: Where every other Caucasian male is a white Al Sharpton.

Exactly. This is why we can't tolerate this kind of blatant and asinine behavior from the thugs that have taken over Detroit. This is clearly a hate crime and I will not be satisfied unless the assailants are charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. White people are the most discriminated against group in this country. It's a shame how liberals say it's okay to attack Christian white men.

GUSHI Guest

I am preaching the truth, i'm white and we use to do stupid shit like that, 3 on 1, 5 on 2, --let me blame my surronding, so that right i grew up in Detroit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Metro Detroit: Where every other Caucasian male is a white Al Sharpton.

GUSHI Guest

Im in my 30's, it seem like with in the last decade, kids just acting more violent, then we were,

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Even the victim admits that he was driving the wrong way on a one-way and had been drinking.
    And that matters...how?

Did you have this same attitude during the Renisha McBride story too? After all, she was drunk and crashed her car. No, you did not. Because that's victim blaming. Her being drunk did not excuse the violence committed against her. Even bringing it up serves little purpose except to deflect blame.

Let me ask this: if it were a black man claiming to have been assaulted by a group of whites in one of the Pointes, would you and Detroitnerd be so skeptical? Nope, you would not. You would never question a story like that or attempt to parse blame onto the victim.

I am preaching the truth, i'm white and we use to do stupid shit like that, 3 on 1, 5 on 2, --let me blame my surronding, so that right i grew up in Detroit.
    I'm white, but I always fought one-on-one.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Let me ask this: if it were a black man claiming to have been assaulted by a group of whites in one of the Pointes, would you and Detroitnerd be so skeptical? Nope, you would not. You would never question a story like that or attempt to parse blame onto the victim.
    I think I urged restraint when McBride was shot too. It's only June, fellas. Plenty of time to burn. I think we should have a broader discussion about race instead of making hasty conclusions about breaking news...

Just watch the 10 o clock news, same shit every night, most crime is committed by young people, if you don't see that, then your blind.
    Very astute powers of observation. Especially considering that since the beginning of recorded history "most crime is committed by young people" is a correct statement. There really would be no point in belaboring all the points of human psychological studies and criminal statistics that would prove your point on the subject. What is obvious is why you would make that factual point about one geographical area and then act like that basic truth does not apply in ALL geographic areas.

Hahahaha, dude looks like he got socked one good time in the eye. He was drunk driving the wrong way on a one way, I'd like to punch him once myself just for that... and I'm white.

I bet he figured if he made up some bullshit Utash type story that he could save face and be known as the victim as opposed to being known as the drunk driving idiot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast