Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    GUSHI Guest

Detroit cops dont give out tickets, I have friends that got robbed at red lights, i will do what i can to avoid being robbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I'm in the city almost every day, 5 or 6 times a week for the last 35.5 years. I stop for every traffic light that's red. If I didn't I'm sure I would have had some tickets by now.

James Craig claims almost being car jacked @ a red light.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-10-14 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    LOL @ people wanting to wait for more details. We have the information we need. The suburban driver was obviously racially profiled and then beaten by a group of ruthless Detroit thugs. There is nothing more to learn here except for if the assailants will be properly charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Detroit rises? No, Detroit crashes and burns!
    "The facts that I want to hear are in!!! We don't need to investigate further because the current situation reflects my negative perception of a place or people!!" You are arguing that exact statement.

"Exchange insurances"....... LOL!

In what dimension does that happen in Detroit? Between myself, friends, and friends of friends - we have been involved in more hit-and-runs and minor accidents over the years than I would venture to guess. Let me be the first to tell you that exchanging insurances does not happen. And if you try to get the police involved, the at fault party simply says "I'm not talking to any cop" and leaves.

Just another glowing example of business as usual in the CoD. This beating should be lumped into that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Detroit cops dont give out tickets, I have friends that got robbed at red lights, i will do what i can to avoid being robbed.
    Heaven help anyone who gets T-boned because the other driver "didn't want to get robbed"--

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    "The facts that I want to hear are in!!! We don't need to investigate further because the current situation reflects my negative perception of a place or people!!" You are arguing that exact statement.
    Exactly. That's exactly what I'm arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Exactly. That's exactly what I'm arguing.
    So let us say that the police arrested you for murder because they had some evidence they had found. Rather than finish the investigation into whether or not you murdered someone, you would want them to arrest you and take you to trial? You're essentially saying that because of your biases and various opinions [[which are not facts, not sure if you know that), the matter is settled. I am just trying to wrap my head around this, sorry.

He could of had a vision problem after leaving the Texas. Anybody do a breathalizer?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I'm in the city almost every day, 5 or 6 times a week for the last 35.5 years. I stop for every traffic light that's red. If I didn't I'm sure I would have had some tickets by now.
    More and more I'm learning that there really are two Detroits and the difference between the two are like night and day. Even though I've lived here for decades, it's clear that I've been living in only one of them and have somehow totally avoided the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    You have friends that were robbed at red lights. Friends [[plural). Just wondering how many, 2 or 3? Eight or Ten?

I wonder if the WorldStar beat-down promotions first mentioned by Zacha on the Pride beating thread could be involved in this incident. Go here for more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/world-star-...ry?id=15493007

GUSHI Guest

You stip and go, or roll through a light, not sit there and wait to be a victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Heaven help anyone who gets T-boned because the other driver "didn't want to get robbed"--

GUSHI Guest

By buddy got robbed on mt eliott, while doing delivers twice. once in back of a alley, 2nd time off of Chene at a light,

Default There are two Detroits. It's apparent here everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    More and more I'm learning that there really are two Detroits and the difference between the two are like night and day. Even though I've lived here for decades, it's clear that I've been living in only one of them and have somehow totally avoided the other one.
    You've lived a sheltered life or have blinders on. Luck may have something to do with it.

I would tend to take these guys experience over yours though... just sayin'.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...hoods/26443740

Its sad that driving while "White' in Detroit or even walking around as a white person you are a prime target. I'm disgusted at all the racism going on in Detroit against white people. Then you wonder why all the white people have bailed. If a black person walks in my neighborhood, he doesn't get beat or robbed but if a white person walks on the Eastside, its over. Sad how messed up and backwards Detroit is but the media doesn't say shit. I had a white friend riding his bike just inside of Detroit and they told him [[Blacks) to get out of here white boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I think that's probably the best way to look at it right now. Stay cool, people ...
    Avoid Detroit. At least when you're on I-75 or M-10, the state police come pretty quickly.

Ive been chased twice and assaulted twice in neighborhood Detroit by groups of young men. All they had to do was see me and it was on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    You've lived a sheltered life or have blinders on. Luck may have something to do with it.

I would tend to take these guys experience over yours though... just sayin'.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...hoods/26443740
    I'm not disputing what you're saying. It's obvious that there are neighborhoods that are just straight lawless and dangerous. What I'm saying is that it is possible to live in Detroit for years and never encounter these kinds of violent animals.

I don't really see this kind of thing downtown, or in Grandmont Rosedale, or in Indian Village, and I didn't really see it near my old high school at 7 and Livernois or in my old neighborhood in East English Village.

Does that mean I'm sheltered? I don't think so. I live pretty much the same life as many Detroiters and most suburbanites. There really are two Detroits.

I don't really see this kind of thing downtown, or in Grandmont Rosedale, or in Indian Village, and I didn't really see it near my old high school at 7 and Livernois or in my old neighborhood in East English Village.
    I assume you went to UofD Jesuit. That neighborhood is totally lawless nowadays.

The other side of Livernois is possibly the nicest neighborhood in Detroit [[Palmer Woods, Golf Club area, etc.) but west of Livernois is awful. I have a schoolteacher friend who was pistolwhipped/robbed just arriving at their school parking lot one morning, and we have family with investments in that area and there's all kinds of problems around there [[esp. towards Wyoming and north towards 8 Mile).

East of Livernois I would walk around in daylight with reasonable comfort, but west of Livernois, no way in hell.

I'm not disputing what you're saying. It's obvious that there are neighborhoods that are just straight lawless and dangerous. What I'm saying is that it is possible to live in Detroit for years and never encounter these kinds of violent animals.

Does that mean I'm sheltered? I don't think so. I live pretty much the same life as many Detroiters and most suburbanites. There really are two Detroits.
    First of all, kudos, CTY, @ least your mind is open to other possibilities. I have friends in IV, BE, and the Gold Coast, and though some places are better then others, there is always an air of caution one must have even in those neighborhoods. "Shit Happens" there too. The further you get into the more impoverished neighborhoods, the greater the risk becomes. Lately, it seems, though, those kind of neighborhoods come looking for you.

Note to the dumbass racists on this board. Since you appear to cognitively challenged let me assist you. CP was being his normally sarcastic self, but since he made you feel safe to be the true people you really are, then I applaud CP for being a smart azz.....lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3