Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    For once I'm speechless. You couldn't make this shit up.

Default Clinton Township man drives cross-country with a dead woman in passenger seat

Okay this is pure tabloid gross-out, but this is one of the most macabre stories I have ever heard. And that's before it gets to granny in the back seat. I don't know whether to laugh or if I'm supposed to shake my head in disapproval and disbelief.

A 62 year old Detroit-area guy picks up a 31 year old woman from an Arizona mental health facility, with whom he is having a long-distance relationship, to return with her to Detroit. She almost immediately OD's on oxycodone and dies. Then the tragi-comedy begins.

Commissioner Green says the man used his cell phone to search what he should do with the woman's body.

Apparently, what he read on the Internet convinced him to continue driving to Michigan. Warren Det. Sgt. Stephen Mills said the man determined via the Internet that he had 48 hours to present the body to a medical examiner.

The woman's body remained in the passenger seat for the remainder of the drive. Police say he propped her body up and placed sunglasses on her face and a stuffed animal in her lap.

The man's 92-year-old mother was also riding in the back of the van in her wheelchair. During the 26-hour drive she was not able to use a restroom. The air-conditioning in the van stopped working soon after they began driving.

From MyFoxDetroit [where else?]
    "I read it on the internets, so it must be true".

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Okay this is pure tabloid gross-out, but this is one of the most macabre stories I have ever heard. And that's before it gets to granny in the back seat. I don't know whether to laugh or if I'm supposed to shake my head in disapproval and disbelief.

A 62 year old Detroit-area guy picks up a 31 year old woman from an Arizona mental health facility, with whom he is having a long-distance relationship, to return with her to Detroit. She almost immediately OD's on oxycodone and dies. Then the tragi-comedy begins.

"I read it on the internets, so it must be true".

Uuuuhhh....... http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ip-with-Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Yup, merged. The other thread takes a bit too much of insider understanding.