Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Pope Francis Says You Should Have Kids, Not Dogs and Cats

http://time.com/2814527/pope-francis-dogs-cats-pets/

Anyone else sick and tired of the Pet Parents thing? Or just awed at the marketing genius of the whole thing?

I am personally tired of people treating pets like they are the same as people [[there, I said it).

Quote Originally Posted by carolcb View Post

Anyone else sick and tired of the Pet Parents thing? Or just awed at the marketing genius of the whole thing?

I am personally tired of people treating pets like they are the same as people [[there, I said it).

Feel better now?

I'm sick of the baby-worship crap and people who spend $500 on a onesie

LOL. I should say I'm old - and so are my friends. A 16 year old cat isn't the same as YOU. And yes, I've had pets [[cat, pheasant, wild rabbit, 3 dogs, fish). I'm not one of the $500 onesie people, or the folks with the $600 strollers.

Say what???

Not everyone is suited to having children. The pope and the church shouldn't have anything to say about it. [[I don't think pets are people either, but don't care if others do. I'd like to see all animals get more respect actually.)
    Last edited by Pam; June-03-14 at 06:28 PM.

LOL. I should say I'm old - and so are my friends. A 16 year old cat isn't the same as YOU. And yes, I've had pets [[cat, pheasant, wild rabbit, 3 dogs, fish). I'm not one of the $500 onesie people, or the folks with the $600 strollers.
    I agree with you, Carol. Animals are not people. I just think its a pointless argument.
    People with animals instead of children will tend to anthropomorphize the animals. I am guilty of that myself. I just don't think Francis' concern is anything more than a cir de coeur for Catholics to have more kids and keep the pews [[and collection plates) filled. That advice doesn't always jibe with economic reality for some folks.

Though wonderful companions, a pet will never replace a grandchild. But if you don't want to have children don't. Just don't make trendy decisions that lead to regret.

More ideas from the Pope...

I wonder how the poor will get the 'redistributions'?

Pope Francis Calls For 'Legitimate Redistribution' Of Wealth To The Poor
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-04-14 at 08:03 PM.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  26.9 KB
    my roommate.

GUSHI Guest

Pope Francis is correct, we treat or animals like kids, they aren't. Also, look at the Christian population of the world, it seems like it's declining compared to the Muslim population. it seems like Muslims have more kids the Christians.

Actually I have so many divergent responses to this whole thing I'm afraid I sound like a curmudgeon. Hopefully I am not one. I'm not in the Pope's flock, although I think he is heads above any Pope that has been alive since I was born. I'm also adopted, so my views about children and having children, as well has how many children you can have, should have....well, it isn't anyone's business, certainly not religions business, although it is their stock and trade.
    I don't want any animal to suffer or anything like that. It is just that don't ask me to sponsor your dog money walk shelter extravaganza, and do you ever give money to poor people, feed hungry children, support birth control for people as well as dogs?
    I have long time friends who have many many pets and nary a child. I guess this is my half-hearted call out to say that parent is a word that goes with Mom and Dad of the human variety. A pet is a pet. I know you love them. But they don't have track meets, report cards, teachers calling the house, and a million other things.
    The Muslims I know have a completely different view of dogs, isn't that true?

I think irresponsible pet owners are a**holes. Alot of dogs are not even trained properly and are being turned into pathetic little neurotic creatures. Just watch The Dog Whisperer. Sadly, Ceasar rehabilitates dogs and trains people who have no clue what natural animal behavior is. Everday I see dogs walking their people down the street and shake my head.

Animals are not kids. So yaay to the Pope!