Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Still can't make a posting here without dropping letters...

I still can't post a messge here witout this damned site dropping letters. Why can't is befixed? Othershavetis oprobm too. Thi vry pstis a example. I tartshe autsave" begins!!!

Damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Van View Post
    I still can't post a messge here witout this damned site dropping letters. Why can't is befixed? Othershavetis oprobm too. Thi vry pstis a example. I tartshe autsave" begins!!!

Damn it!
    And this only occurs on Detroityes?

I was having the very same problem until I read this thread:
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...sting-Problems

EMU Steve provided the fix:
    From www.detroityes.com, go to IE menu, Tools, Compatibility View Settings, and add this site. From www.detroityes.com, go to IE menu, Tools, Compatibility View Settings, and add this site.

Folks,

I normally use Chrome and don't have the issue. I was able to reproduce the issue with IE11. The Compatibility View seems to work.

Lowell, you may be able to force document modes via the HTML header.

Here's an article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...[[v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks for all you do to keep this website up. We greatly appreciate our humble host.

People still use Internet Explorer? Good Lord...

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    People still use Internet Explorer? Good Lord...
    Seriously. Google Chrome.

Unless you're using a work computer where you can't use another browser, why subject yourself to an inferior browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Seriously. Google Chrome.

Unless you're using a work computer where you can't use another browser, why subject yourself to an inferior browser?
    Let me just point out that Google Chrome has a whole other set of issues. I jump back and forth between IE and Chrome. There are issues with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Van View Post

Damn it!
    Well, "Damn it" came out alright, so you got your point accross. Have you tried the Compatibility View" fix? It worked for me.

Firefox also works. Several options to pick between.

There is only one case which doesn't: IE 11 w/out compatibility view.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Let me just point out that Google Chrome has a whole other set of issues. I jump back and forth between IE and Chrome. There are issues with both.
    However between the two, only one has security flaws so glaring and egregious that the US Government actually recommended that people stop using it.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/new-secur...085229159.html

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    However between the two, only one has security flaws so glaring and egregious that the US Government actually recommended that people stop using it.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/new-secur...085229159.html
    It's nothing that a few dozen patches and updates can't solve.

Computers were supposed to make our lives easier. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Please tell me what issues Chrome has that makes you use Internet Explorer instead. I will await your answer with baited breath.

In order of ranking: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE. [[Yes, I'd rather use Safari than IE). The only reason I ever use IE is because my state government IT job requires it for remote access.

O.K. here goes. Typing this with compatibility view settings on. Oh my gosh! It's working! YES! Thanks to all for the tips, especially EMU Steve.