Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Parade on Woodward

What was the parade going on down Woodward today, in Highland Park? Started at Tuxedo to Pilgrim, anyone?

Haven't seen anything about this, but found this press release from March....

91st Annual Michigan Week Parade

http://www.highlandparkcity.us/Commu...4ParadeApp.pdf

I had no idea there is a "Michigan Week." This link is 10 years old, so maybe nobody else knows about it either...

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ha...03_92522_7.pdf

Also saw some news items about Michigan Week events across the state in cities such as Monroe, Marshall, and Grandville.

they shut off Woodward for a good stretch had to take the backstreets, man them streets is bumpy. Thanks Kathleen

Not specific to this parade, of course, but will parades [[specifically Thanksgiving) still run down Woodward with M1Rail up and running? I would think the infrastructure would kind of make it difficult to do parades there anymore [[especially in the center-running portions). Everyday transportation is more important than rare parades, but I will still miss the parade being on Woodward, if it were moved. Anyone know for sure if this has been addressed?