Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hockey rinks in Detoit and the surrounding area.

I was just wondering if there were any indoor hockey rinks located in the city. I live in Roseville and often paly at Mt.Clemens, Fraser, St Clair Shores and Macomb. For somereason I've never been to the rink in Hazel Park, but I never hear of any rinks in the city limits.

There's the City Sports Center on Lafayette by King HS. It's where Wayne's women's team plays.

Jack Adams Arena. Linden and Meyers area.

In the winter, Matty Moron owns a few... if you don't mind human limbs obstructing the ice.

Attachment 2481

Sure come on down. I have an elevator shaft I'd like to show you.

The Grosse Pointe Community Rink on Canyon is also located within the city limits. Another rink on the eastside is at Liggett High School on Cook Road in Grosse Pointe.

Attachment 2483
    Manny, the Jacob Marley of Detwa

The little ceasers AAA team plays at the state fair grounds.

Haikoont Guest

There is an indoor rink located at 600 Civic Center Drive, but I don't know how much longer it'll be in service.

Little Caesars is moving to Southfield since the State Fairgrounds is closing.

Cobo Arena used to have ice for the Michigan Stags WHA team, not sure when the last time the ice was in. If the roof keeps leaking in the winter we may be able to play there.

I knew that Downriviera would be contributing to this thread.
    I once delivered The Hockey News to most of the metropolitan rinks and sports equipment stores. Got to know many of the proprietors, and was impressed by their enthusiasm. The hockey world was a close knit community then [[late 70s, early 80s).

Local amateur hockey community still is close knit.

http://www.maha.org/Adult_Home.aspx

Oak Park used to have a nice rink.

detmich Guest

Indoor winter rink in Roosevelt Warehouse.

Here's a list of all rinks in the state, sorted by city.

http://www.arenamaps.com/arenas/Michigan_city.htm