Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit: Second best city for small businesses

https://www.biz2credit.com/research-...ies-in-america

it also ranked #5 for small business revenue

Since they say 'Detroit-Dearborn', they probably mean SMSA -- not city.

I clicked on the link to follow -- and regret doing so. Was rewarded with a pop-up chat. Leads me to believe this organization is less interested in 'Best Cities' and more in just getting eyeballs. Should know by now that most of these 'best' or 'worst' links are junk.

the SMSA would say Detroit-Livonia-Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    the SMSA would say Detroit-Livonia-Warren.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too.... so with that settled, what on earth is the city of 'Detroit-Dearborn'? Something made up so they could include Arabic entrepreneurs into the stat to prove some point? What's up?

If this were a list stating that Detroit was the 2nd worst place for small businesses, we would have crucified it...

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    If this were a list stating that Detroit was the 2nd worst place for small businesses, we would have crucified it...
    I would had agreed with it 100%. It takes forever for small business to get the green light from the city inspectors who had been slow to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I would had agreed with it 100%. It takes forever for small business to get the green light from the city inspectors who had been slow to show for it.
    That whole process needs to be streamlined. I have tons of ideas about how to do that, but no one will listen.