Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Sam Riddle Chimes In on EAA Teacher Fired for Breaking Up Fight with Broomstick

I don't regularly agree with Riddle, but it is a refreshing change of pace for someone to ask, "WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?!?!"

http://michigancitizen.com/detroit-raw-9/

I understand the role of poverty, racism and the screwed-up democracy-destroying EAA, but at some point we must take some responsibility for the insanity that passes for parenting. What in the hell was that scape-goated teacher to do, but use the broom to try to stop the classroom fight? Walkie-talkies were out of order as the class and teacher were held hostage by mayhem. The main perp said his favorite teacher deserved to be fired for not seeking outside assistance. KMA. Had she pulled out a gun would she be hailed as a community heroine? Oops, these are all Black folk cutting up; that wouldn’t play in a school, nor should it.

Ditto.
    Interesting how THE PARENTS is a topic rarely broached when those who influence the school system and policy are speaking. When ultimately any system will fail if there is no parental involvement and support.

I also am not a Sam Riddle fan. That being said, I also grew weary of listening to the whole region pile on when the Feds came down on him. Not that he was an innocent victim of "the man". But the larger offender, the bribing organization Synagro, went largely unnoticed and unpunished. Synagro. The Company whose parent organization is the Carlyle Group. The same company the recently re-hired Dan Akerson. The ex GM CEO who made a strategic exit and is currently quite happy in letting Mary Barra take the heat for the ignition recall. Find a convenient fall guy. Seems to be their modus operandi.

Couldn't agree more!!

If I were the parent of either boy involved in the fight, I would want the teacher to do whatever possible to protect my child from the other one!! Ditto if I were the parent of any child in the classroom as the time. I want the teacher to defend my child and keep them safe from any harm!! This is not a corporal punishment issue!

That boys mother should be ashamed of herself and her response to what had happened was typical of these young hood rats having children too young. It is rare that I agree with the riddler these days and that weekly mailer or paper is trash. It is filled with racist drivel.

For those with short memory; Riddle pleaded guilty to conspiracy & sentenced to a 37-month prison term in 2010.....

I think Detroit teachers should take batting practice with the Tigers a few times to develop better swings.

Convicted felons can speak the truth too. And here its rare. Few in the black community have stepped up to the plate.