Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

1. Default Vultures descend on DIA lawn - Jerry Vile hits another nail on the head

Jerry Vile shows again that he has to a great ability to encapsulate a Detroit icon or moment in an artistic expression that is both humorous and piercing.

Good art makes one smile AND think.

Now this. from Motorcityblog

The 'vultures' [actually painted pink flamingos have been removed by the DIA] should be return IF the DIA understands the art. But they are in such 'duck and cover' mode that they probably are too cowed to seize this moment.

Thank you sharing that picture, I just loved it. Art and social commentary should go hand in hand. Tis a shame the DIA didn't have the wit to capitalize on it.

Bravo!

The DIA can auction them off to help with the bailout.

Love it! I Laughed Out Loud for real.

For real, I want two! Will he be making more or will the DIA auction them?