Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DY thinks hubby is me

If he posts, he is listed as sumas. we both registered separate under our own screen names. How do we fix this? Should he register?

I'm guessing you clicked on the remember me check box when you logged in. You'll have to log out before you leave Dyes. Next time you log in don't click the remember me button and it will automatically log you out when you close the browser. If you share a computer with someone else, You both should log in and logout each time you use Dyes.

The page lists the user name you are currently logged in under. It's in the upper right hand coner of this page.
    Last edited by ndavies; April-03-09 at 08:31 AM.

What Ndavies^ said. Many people use the 'Remember Me' function on logins. When you share a computer this can happen.

Another solution is to set up separate user accounts on your shared computer. That way when you start up the computer you can choose to enter your user account or hubby his. [Or if the computer is already running, you can use the 'switch user' option to change accounts.]

This allows you to have stuff like different desktop backgrounds, your own set of remember me logins, your own email settings, file areas and more. Think of it as a bedroom with two closets. Hubby can keep his all messy without disturbing your neatly arrangement wardrobe.
    Last edited by Lowell; April-03-09 at 08:43 AM.

We already have separate accounts and switch accordingly. I have never had to log in or out for DY. Nor do I see a log out function. On the old forum we just entered screen name and pass word. Any other suggestions for disabling remember me. Would it be simpler to just reregister under a different screen name?

Nor do I see a log out function
    Top right side, on the blue bar under Welcome [[your name).

You had to have logged in at least once to be able to post. Logging out is the only way to disable the remember me function.

The current user name is in the top right corner of the page. The logout selection is directly below it.

Attachment 315
    Last edited by ndavies; May-31-10 at 08:27 AM.

Seems to be workimg.