Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dequindre Cut extension

Had work restarted on the extension of the Cut since Spring begun or is it at a stand still during bankruptcy proceedings

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Had work restarted on the extension of the Cut since Spring begun or is it at a stand still during bankruptcy proceedings
    I haven't been by to check, but I don't know why it would have stopped. As I understand it, the Cut is not city-funded. I thought the Riverfront Conservancy was fundraising for and operating it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I haven't been by to check, but I don't know why it would have stopped. As I understand it, the Cut is not city-funded. I thought the Riverfront Conservancy was fundraising for and operating it.
    I would not be surprised Snyder through Orr had redirected to fund or pay on something or someone else

The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy is 501c3 non-profit organization independent from the city and the state.
    I would not be surprised Snyder through Orr had redirected to fund or pay on something or someone else

Not sure what this means. Neither Snyder nor Orr nor the City are funding the extension. It's all paid for by the Riverfront Conservancy.

According to them, http://www.detroitriverfront.org/riverfront#dequindre the project is scheduled to be completed Fall 2014.

Funding for the project comes from a Federal Grant known as TIGER and cannot be spent on anything else. The name of the extension is called Link Detroit and was obligated [[federal term for started last year).
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...egin_on_d.html
    http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/l...dbreaking.aspx
    http://www.detroiteasternmarket.com/page.php?p=1&s=173

application:
    http://www.detroitmi.gov/Portals/0/d...pplication.pdf

I have seen the project. A lot of clearing has been done.

I'll assume you were under the wrong impression of the funding and operation of The Cut and not suffering from paranoid delusions.

I'll assume you were under the wrong impression of the funding and operation of The Cut and not suffering from paranoid delusions.
    That illusion come from the way things had been handled in this city the past couple of years. The illegal implementation of an Emergency Manager who illegally handling the city's financings. A write in Mayor who has to answer to Orr. Pensions being tampered with. Schools made into academies. Etc. Yeah you could say that I am paranoid

Schools made into academies. Etc. Yeah you could say that I am paranoid
    Paranoia being warranted, the best bet is that if it's a liability of the City, you are right to be paranoid. If it's a liability of anyone else, then it's a totally different story.

That illusion come from the way things had been handled in this city the past couple of years. The illegal implementation of an Emergency Manager who illegally handling the city's financings. A write in Mayor who has to answer to Orr. Pensions being tampered with. Schools made into academies. Etc. Yeah you could say that I am paranoid
    I can't agree even slightly with the accusation that Kevyn Orr has "illegally" handled city finances. He is empowered by an existing state law, and operating under the supervision of a federal bankruptcy court. You can disagree with anything he does if you wish, but that disagreement does not constitute law-breaking. Secondly, did the preceding 50 years of mismanagement and corruption- which they are fixing- not bother you much? Third, Mike Duggan is a fully legitimate mayor, write in or not, the voters in this city elected him. His power is limited but substantial, and will in the next year or so become complete as the bankruptcy finishes up. Lastly, neither Orr nor Duggan control city schools [[too bad, they'd be better off). O & D are a breath of fresh air, and the best team the city has seen in decades.

I can't agree even slightly with the accusation that Kevyn Orr has "illegally" handled city finances. He is empowered by an existing state law, and operating under the supervision of a federal bankruptcy court. You can disagree with anything he does if you wish, but that disagreement does not constitute law-breaking. Secondly, did the preceding 50 years of mismanagement and corruption- which they are fixing- not bother you much? Third, Mike Duggan is a fully legitimate mayor, write in or not, the voters in this city elected him. His power is limited but substantial, and will in the next year or so become complete as the bankruptcy finishes up. Lastly, neither Orr nor Duggan control city schools [[too bad, they'd be better off). O & D are a breath of fresh air, and the best team the city has seen in decades.
    Ask city workers if Orr is a breath of fresh air. Ask DPW, DDOT drivers and others if Snyder/Orr are a breath of fresh air. The state still owed the city of Detroit a few hundred million. The state had sent an EFM to the Detroit Public Schools I would be surprise if money were redirected from funds that are earmarked to certain projects and streamed into funds for Snyder's projects. Had you forgotten that Orr worked for Jones Day? I didn't approve of Kilpatrick's mishaps but I even beginning to think that he would not allowed the Governor to push him around as Bing and 5 members of the council had.

Wow, even when proven completely wrong some folks insist on plowing ahead with wild and delusional thinking.

[QUOTE=stasu1213;434089]Ask city workers if Orr is a breath of fresh air. Ask DPW, DDOT drivers and others if Snyder/Orr are a breath of fresh air. QUOTE]

Government does not exist for the benefit of the government workers. Perhaps if a few of them had called the attorney general's office or FBI when politicians and bureaucrats were stealin' & dealin' they wouldn't be in the position they are in. They can type up their grievances on the 3 or 4 generations of computers the city paid for but weren't on employee's desks when Orr took over. They're in somebody's house. Or many somebodies' houses.