Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default LED lights in pilot neighborhoods complete. Next 6 neighborhoods announced

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._river_default

these 6 neighborhoods will be complete by end of July.

zip codes 48205, 48215, 48219, 48223, 48224 and 48235.

anyone here in these neighborhoods? can post pics of before/after by any chance?

I'm in the east side pilot area.

Despite what Duggan said in the last update, they took down all of the working alley lights. So alleys are now pitch black at night.

Also, blocks that had 2 or even 3 working lights in the middle of them now only have 1. The old light poles were taken down and replaced with new poles, LED lamps and lamp posts.

At the corners, the old poles remain, while the LED lamps with the new lamp posts were put up.

Despite as promised [[and what's claimed in the article), main streets have not been upgraded to LED lighting as of yet, and they are still working like Christmas lights.

Funny thing is, we didn't even have a problem with neighborhood street lighting before the supposed lighting plan [[just along the main streets). Overall, things are darker than before.
    Last edited by 313WX; April-30-14 at 03:09 PM.

Pelkey and collingham they put the led light there we had a light between
    8 mile and collingham on pelkey they removed and it was just put there
    new one year ago new pole and light gone.
    Took the light off collingham between pelkey and hickory gone.
    Then the other mid block light between schonner and pelkey
    on collingham blinks on off no new light .
    If you ask me they are wasting the light budget.
    Fix the ones that don't work first and leave the lights that are there alone.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

Despite what Duggan said in the last update, they took down all of the working alley lights. So alleys are now pitch black at night.

Also, blocks that had 2 or even 3 working lights in the middle of them now only have 1. The old light poles were taken down and replaced with new poles, LED lamps and lamp posts.

At the corners, the old poles remain, while the LED lamps with the new lamp posts were put up.

Despite as promised [[and what's claimed in the article), main streets have not been upgraded to LED lighting as of yet, and they are still working like Christmas lights.

Funny thing is, we didn't even have a problem with neighborhood street lighting before the supposed lighting plan [[just along the main streets). Overall, things are darker than before.
    I was hoping feedback would be better. This one of the things I was really excited to hear about.

Hopefully the lights will be working and continue to work, and be protected from theft and vandalism.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

If things are going the way the mayor said, have you contacted his office? Or your council person?

YAY DUGGAN!!

I have seen more LED street lighting being install at my workplace at East English Village. Next phase to have non-transformer operated street lighting in most main roads.

48205 and 48224 are pretty bright these days... I've never seen so many working streetlights in my life.

Still waiting for the new lights on Trumbull between Warren and 94 to be turned on. Kind of very excited for them, walking to the Pub or Big B's can be sketchy as hell later at night. Almost safer to take the alley.

Came out this evening and found that the lights on Van Dyke between Coe and St. Paul were all working and were all LED, as well as the rest of the lights along the Van Dyke Corridor of West Village. They look nice and they ARE bright!!!!

I am in the pilot area and the street is definitely not brighter then the old sodium lights. These leds have no spread to the light. I will say its brighter right in front of my house but not 2 doors down they are in the dark now.

To me, the LED lights seem clearer but not necessarily brighter. I guess if someone was standing under them, you could better identify them but the lights don't seem as great as the LED ones they've installed on the freeways.