Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bus-Wrap Ads on SMART

Did any of you notice that SMART is now using full bus-wrap advertisements? I have yet to see one like that, but I heard one exists for Central Michigan University...strangely enough, this sounds like we're getting closer to some sort of merger, because DDOT has been using these kinds of ads for years now.

I ride SMART they been doing this for months, NO MERGER COMING WISH THEY WOULD COME DOWNTOWN ON WEEKENDS AGAIN HOPEFULLY SIMNCE mIKE dUGGAN RAN Ssmart

Well, I finally saw one today...and guess what it was for.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Well, I finally saw one today...and guess what it was for.
    There is also a SMART bus that doesn't seem to have an ad on it, but has flames like a hot rod.

http://picbi.com/photo/855092526519170672_1464014364

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I ride SMART they been doing this for months, NO MERGER COMING WISH THEY WOULD COME DOWNTOWN ON WEEKENDS AGAIN HOPEFULLY SIMNCE mIKE dUGGAN RAN Ssmart
    1. You are certainly correct that there is no merger coming.

2. SMART only runs buses into Detroit at peak hours because of budget issues, not because of who the Mayor is or was. Fix the budget issues and you will solve the problem.

I saw a smart Hybrid bus on I-275 last night. It was painted yellow and blue. [[I'd say maize and blue, but I didn't see a block M anywhere on it.) I was wondering if SMART was changing there color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    I saw a smart Hybrid bus on I-275 last night. It was painted yellow and blue. [[I'd say maize and blue, but I didn't see a block M anywhere on it.) I was wondering if SMART was changing there color scheme.
    SMART has been using these hybrid buses with similar livery schemes since November 2011. Another batch of these just arrived a while ago.