Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Department of Justice Monitor quits due to "personal" ties with Kwame

July 24, 2009

Feds' police monitor quits, cites 'personal' ties with Kilpatrick

By DAVID ASHENFELTER AND JOE SWICKARD
    Free Press Staff Writers
    Sheryl Robinson Wood, the federal monitor for the Detroit Police Department’s consent decree with the Department of Justice, resigned Thursday because of “meetings of a personal nature” with former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.

U.S. District Judge Julian Cook issued an order today accepting her resignation.
    PDF: Read the judge's order.
    The order said Wood had “engaged in conduct which was totally inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the two consent judgments in this litigation.” He said she had “engaged in undisclosed communications, as well as meetings of a personal nature, with the former City of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick during the term of the consent judgments, which included inappropriate discussions with him about this lawsuit.”

Cook, who is overseeing the police department's consent decree, said he reviewed documents in secret during a July 22 status conference in the case that prompted him to ask Wood about her ability to remain effective.

After a phone call with Wood, and based on a review of the documents, Cook accepted her resignation effective 5 p.m. Thursday.

The order Cook issued today suspended all court monitoring of the department and ordered the city and the Justice Department to submit names of prospective replacements by July 31.

There was no immediate comment from Wood, the Justice Department or city officials.

The Detroit Police Department has been under federal oversight since 2003 when the city signed two agreements with the Justice Department’s civil rights division over questionable shootings of civilians, illegal dragnet arrests and inhumane treatment of prisoners. Most of the changes the police department agreed to have not been fulfilled.
    Former Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer requested a federal review of the department after a series of stories in the Free Press.
    Contact DAVID ASHENFELTER: dashenfelter@freepress.com

Reminds me of that 2Pac song. "I get around."

That's our Kwame!

This is all very vague and cyptic...but my wife's instant reaction was, "They were having sex."

Could Robinson Wood be the mysterious Carmen Slowski?

Undercover video of Kwame and Carmen Slowski.
    http://tiny.cc/3eCWd

"meetings of a personal nature"

Translation = KWAME ROCKED THAT @SS

LOL, how would you like to be one of Kwhyme's ex-lovers...just WAITING for that phone call from one of the many investigators perusing all those text messages and phone logs?!

This is hilarious, and helps explain why the department didn't get any real oversight, or if it DID never had to act on the Fed's recommendations...the Big Diamond kept her distracted, just enough!

Can you imagine her listening in on this conference call...realizing the gig was up...I SURE hope the thrill was worth it, honey, because it may be tough getting any Justice work in the future!

My bet? Kwhyme always punned and said 'just us', when talking with her!

MIRepublic Guest

Man, Big Diamond was even working the Feds. I knew Kilpatrick was engaging and persuasive, but damn. lol It's scary to think that if it weren't for the officers in the DPD who he wasn't able to work over and keep quiet, that he'd still be mayor of Detroit and we'd have not heard about any of this until after he was mayor in some seedy tell-all memoir

What was she thinking? Here's real proof for you Christine. Six years spent on a case doing other work. Shame on you Sheryl!
    I love the translation, dorna

OK I can no longer hate Kwame. Lets face it all of us have fantasized about just letting the Id run wild, and doing what we wanted to do whenever we wanted with whomever we wanted. Kwame does just that! The US Justice Department sends someone to keep an eye on you, you just tap that @$$ and keep doin' what you want.

So to sum it up, wood got wood, then the axe...

"Sheryl Robinson Wood's primary practice focus is white collar criminal cases, commercial litigation, internal investigations and corporate governance issues. She draws on her experience as a former state and federal prosecutor to defend companies and individuals accused of white collar crime, conduct internal investigations on behalf of boards of public companies, and counsel organizations on regulatory compliance and enforcement issues. She advises clients on internal control issues, including records management and electronic discovery. "

http://www.venable.com/sheryl-robinson-wood/

Just had to send that Kwameslut an email to tell her goodbye. Thanks for the link Novine.

Why would she come clean now? Is there something ready to break in the Federal case? Does Carlita read? Karmanos called him a breath of fresh air and the people he worked with, loved him. I wonder if they love him like Sheryl loved him. And all along I thought MC was the best headliner we had. She is but a mere student of the Master. Please come back KK. Without you, are news stories are going to the dogs.

lilpup Guest

She probably got outed during the ongoing court review of the text messages.

diver1369 Guest

Kwame must be the Marvin Gaye of Mayors, hands down. Now I know why he was called the Hip-Hop Mayor. Hop out of one bed and bang hips in another. The sacrifices our guy made for his City and this is how we show our appreciation. Will someone please hand Carlita a bat?

A prime example of the Fox guarding the Chicken coop.

LodgeDodger Guest

What I cannot fathom is working so hard to become a success at what you do, then to throw it all away to sleep with someone like Kwame Kilpatrick. I don't get it.

Perhaps it is my age, but risking your good name and reputation for something so fleeting is pathetic.

We need to teach our girls to value and respect themselves.

Stosh Guest

I really don't see where there was any inference into sexual conduct here. I'll give you that it's Kwame, but in this context the contact could have been anything. Just by speaking of this case to Kwame is enough to trigger the action.

Eastside, your wife has good instincts.

dexterferry Guest

if you need it spelled out for you in black and white, Stosh, just wait for the text messages. the freep should have them soon.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dexterferry View Post
    if you need it spelled out for you in black and white, Stosh, just wait for the text messages. the freep should have them soon.
    Stosh makes an excellent point--I'd assumed their meetings were of a sexual nature. At any rate, sexual or not, the meetings were inappropriate.

Ms. Wood has been doing some housecleaning. She dumped her profile off LinkedIn even though it still shows up in Google.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

She graduated from Howard in 1987 and this article from the Free Press indicates that she's just a few years older than Kwame.

http://cache.zoominfo.com/CachedPage...tName=Robinson

Perhaps there are past connections with Kwame that no one is aware of that he took advantage of to gain that insider access.

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Perso...ce=page&page=1
    Last edited by Novine; July-25-09 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Stosh makes an excellent point--I'd assumed their meetings were of a sexual nature. At any rate, sexual or not, the meetings were inappropriate.
    I'm sure at the time she thought is was no big deal.

Stosh Guest

Anyone interested in reading the actual reports generated by Ms. Wood can go here:

http://www.kroll.com/about/library/detroit/

Funny, when this first started, Kroll was the "Independent Monitor" and she worked for them. Now she's the Independent Monitor "assisted" by Kroll? Looks like that started about mid 2007. That should have been some type of contract that went through council since Kroll collected more than 1.2 - 1.5million dollars per year for their monitoring activities.

This is gonna get uglier and uglier...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast