Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default East English Village Home Auction Open House - Sunday, April 27th, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...roit_hous.html

Neighbors wanted. I don't live there, but I know some who do. The neighborhood association is very active and very vigilant about preserving and improving their quality of life. Check it out...

Lots of folks showed up for the open house event.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detr...uctioned-homes

Woah, crickets from the peanut gallery. Paging the nerds: all hands to wet blankets! Turns out people want to live in the nice areas of Detroit where there are cool houses and cool people. How do I know? I was there, along with over 1,000 prospective East English Villagers.

Took the tour yesterday, was pretty informative.

Some of the houses were in much better shape than others. It really would have been nice to have general contractors available to give a realistic estimate for each particular house.

Realistically I'm probably going to be priced out of this round [[If I even seriously bid). But it will be interesting to see how much each eventually goes for.

PS. Alexis Wiley was hot as ever. So that was a plus.

PSS. The houses were boarded up by a special plastic that looks like a window. ALL abandoned properties in the city should be mandated to use a similar process. It looks so much less shabby than plywood and those huge grey barriers. It also isn't such a beacon to scrappers.

I think it's all pretty exciting to see those beautiful homes possibly getting families to live in them!! I like what I'm seeing from the Mayor - he seems to be on the right track.

We had a great time on the tour this year. We didn't get to see all of the houses but for the most part the neighborhood was standing tall!

Here's the Curbed story on the open house:

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...sh-village.php