Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default total kudos to ems

So very grateful. My husband collapsed and they were here in minutes. They didn't even bring the cart just carried him out in their arms. He is stable and doing well. He almost died. My total heroes. A neighbor who is ailing had a relative see the ems and thought it was for her, she has a huge family all over. So my husband is now on prayer lists all over the US.Very comforting.

Sumas, I hope he gets better every day.

Quote Originally Posted by carolcb View Post
    Thank you much, all I know now is he is being admitted. A very dear friend is coming and going with me to the hospital. Me being shirty and all, I know I do not think much of hospitals. He is still in ER and can't take incoming calls but can make outgoing calls. They said they would tell him to call me. No great faith that message was given.

Quote Originally Posted by carolcb View Post
    Yes, get well soon.

There was an old thread about Beaumont. They totally suck. Tons of expensive tests for my sweet when he was hospitalized last month and they "didn't know nothen" except he needed 3 pints of blood, When EMS camethis time I said anywhere but Beaumont.They laughed and said lots of people are saying that. They took him to Receiving and within 3 hours they figured out his problem and are treating him. He needed more blood but they diagnosed the issues quickly.

I have avoided donating blood, I have the type that is universal, but I guess I'll start donating.

I wasn't going to post but I get antsy. How can Beaumont Hospital, gp after extensive expensive invasive tests totally miss a diagnosis?

My husband goes into surgery tomorrow. Sunday, this is serious shit. Receiving Hospital, way cool! Things will all work out and my husband has prayers and blessings all across this country.

I don't believe in lawsuits so Beaumont is seriously lucky. They are just seriously crappy, don't go there.

Sorry still antsy, I know lots of people don't think much of Detroit but my neighbors are just so great. We are used to doing and got a great serious lecture from a neighbor saying learn to receive too. Just amazing the love we are getting. The love is just pouring in. The blessings and prayers amazing. I go to church tomorrow then back to the hospital. Things will all work out. The Lord is with us.

Sorry, I do not generally wear my religion on my sleeve. God is good and my sweetheart will be home soon.

Opps forgot my Cyber stalker is now most likely posting on that creepy board under the "Trials and tribulations of Sumas". I make no apologies for loving my husband, my kids, my community, my church and yes even my dogs. That stupid shit ever comes to my door after sending that creepy letter I hope my dogs rip him/her apart. Sue me!

I am sorry to hear about your hubby Sumas. I'm wishing for a speedy recovery. I'd not been posting in a while or checked the 'connections'. Everyone has their horror hospital woes for certain. For me it's Henry Ford Hospital. But when it comes to saving you in a life threatening situation my bets are for receiving for the ambulance trip.

You mention that you have that universal blood type. My dad had that. Yes, give if you can, it indeed saves lives. Z341
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-27-14 at 11:05 AM.

True confession, I was a stalker myself one time in the distant past. My mind
    was not working okay and I didn't understand things in a proper context. It
    was a very uncomfortable place to be - glad I'm not there any more. If you
    are stalking I hope God guides you to caring for your mind better and to find a better place in this world.
    One of my sisters was checked into Royal Oak Beaumont one time to attempt to eradicate a troublesome internal infection. She was checked out too early, still bothered by the infection, due to lack of funds. Shortly afterwards U-M Taubman Center physicians were able to provide treatment on an
    outpatient basis that controlled the infection adequately. Shall we say that
    while I don't think Beaumont necessarily should be sued over this I am much more of a fan of U-M Hospitals.
    I hope everything works out well for your husband - glad you're getting all kinds of love.

Lets establish I have never been a stalker, I state my opinions on line and leave it there.I really appreciate on line support also. I don't sue anyone, just saying Beaumont sucks. Big time surgery today. 4 to 6 hrs in surgery sounds scary to me. I appreciate all kindnesses truly. I am pretty freaked out. So sure I sound odd. Thanks all for bearing with me.

Sumas, how is it going? I am with you in my heart on this very stressful day. Much strength to you and your man.

Hope surgery for your hubby went well. Keep us posted. How are you holding up?

Thank to all. Surgery was 10 hrs. so now I get to call him a gutless wonder. I won't see him until am. I am not doing great but holding. Our very closest and dearest friends are black men and they just say they are his brothers, no one bats an eye. The dogs know I am upset but they sure like the extra real estate on the bed. I haven't driven in several yrs because my vision is so poor. I have been taking cabs and damn are they expensive. Thanks again to all. Sumas

Kind of a giggle to me but the hospital is amazed how well he is doing. The giggle is he has about 8000 people praying for him. Long story, not going there right now.Prayer works. The nurse on staff said he is the nicest patient she has ever had. I figure I ever get sick, my dogs will be the only ones that miss me. Remember, I'm shirty

Sorry for being "shirty" [[golly I love that word) and no doubt boring but it calms me to post. Ron has Parkinsons so hospital visits are not rare. After a few days he gets really weird, I warned them but hell who am I to know anything. Sure enough he got really strange. Been their done that. He was a very heavy drinker for years. Funny he was a sweet passive even productive drunk. He has been on the wagon for several years but when he weirds out they always think he got the DTS. They were going to move him back to ICU, he still has internal bleeding but then no, they switched him to a different unit. They won't tell me much but I am guessing a more closely monitored ward. Be there this morning. Why don't doctors listen. They stabilize him and he gets home he will be just fine. Receiving has been great I just wish they would listen better, after 42 yrs I think I know a thing or two about him.

I left a folder with his most recent tests, a copy of his meds, a copy of my durable power of attorney, my medical power of attorney and it appears its lost. sigh!

Sumas, have to ask you, what is shirty?

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Sumas, have to ask you, what is shirty?
    Honestly I thought it was a made up word but on a different thread I was told it is an old English term for angry, mean, crass etc. It is such a great word. Actually I am not angry, mean or anything like that but if people choose to believe that feel free. Just missing my sweetheart desperately. Actually I am now told he has more than 10,000 prayers being offered up. How cool!

Well he had a relapse and I won't know much till I get there in an hour or so. Receiving is an outstanding hospital. I am sure they will correct issues. My dogs are so bizarre right now, they miss him too!

Hope all is well soon.

I thank everyone for good wishes. My poor sweety didn't even know I was there today. Receiving is great and I know he will be home soon. He is heavily sedated so not his fault. Tomorrow I hope to report better news.

I want to report once again EMS was just amazing. Once things calm down those dudes can ask for anything they want.

After a pretty bad relapse, he is doing a little better each day. still in ICU but they finally gave him a phone so he can call me. I'll see him after church tomorrow. It's one day at a time. His family is rather large and I appreciate I can call one and they all call each other. I thought it sweet that one sister said have you made plans for when he comes home, in fact I have, just nice to know people care. Thanks again so much for all the good wishes.

Hugs, Sue, sending vibes for strength,love and healing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <3

Day 15, poor baby just got graduated to ice chips today. He will probably be there 3 weeks. The surgery was massive. Not to gross anyone out but they said his stomach, pancreas and spleen were like a tight ball. To unravel it they took 80 percent of his stomach, half of his pancreas and all of his spleen. Then reconstruct what was left into something that works. Kind of amazing. Sort of like a reverse humpty dumpty.

His abdomen looks like cross stitch art but also amazing is no signs of bruising or swelling. Receiving is great, the last hump is to see how he will process real food. He does better daily so that is a good sign.

Thanks all again! Sumas
    Last edited by sumas; May-09-14 at 09:31 PM.

Oh, my, that sounds unbelievable. May you both celebrate ice chips. Maybe he can graduate to flavored ice chips soon. I envision margarita flavored, but who knows? Be strong!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast