Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Cathy Square - Snyder's worst Emergency Manager

She's done everything wrong. Hamtown Farms agreement - nullified. Privatization of building inspections? Fiasco. City Council meetings? scheduled during working hours for the first time ever - to dissuade council from attending.

The one I am most familiar with is the inspections. When the city did it, you could count on a) getting a written report, b) they wouldn't hunt new things on re-inspection and c) the city would work with the property owners.

I know several landlords who are being fined for non-compliance who never received a right-up, and the corporate thug company will not respond, the city will not respond. All are considering just letting the properties go into foreclosure and/or dumping them on the city. That will do wonders for the tax base as property values [[which are beginning to recover) will again fall. These are not "slumlords." they are responsible owners who pay far more in property tax than non-lease homes.

I hear on lunch break she goes on the roof of City Hall and lights up a j.

And that may be the one cool thing about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I hear on lunch break she goes on the roof of City Hall and lights up a j.

And that may be the one cool thing about her.

She aint that square then.

Wow, so management and the legislative body before her did everything right?

An emergency manager should not be needed then.

Cathy is one of the most dedicated, intelligent and hard working public servants that I have had the pleasure knowing and working with.

Sounds like you have a personal problem with her, get to know her and put yourself in her difficult thankless position before you make statements.

How many emergency managers have you known or worked with to make such a claim or judgement that she is "the worst"?

The snow issue in Hamtown this year was out of control. And yes, I know historically they do not plow the streets, and many Detroit neighboods also have to fend for themselves.

Many people were having getting out of Hamtramck just to go to work. Imagine needing your neighbors' help pushing your car every single time you needed to leave your house.

The EM finally spent the money to plow months later, then stopped after a few streets, claiming it was going to cost too much. This was after the EM approving plowing. Then a few weeks went by and she approved it again, and few days later it was almost warm enough to melt.

This went on for months.

Quote Originally Posted by gpwforever View Post
    Wow, so management and the legislative body before her did everything right?

An emergency manager should not be needed then.

Cathy is one of the most dedicated, intelligent and hard working public servants that I have had the pleasure knowing and working with.

Sounds like you have a personal problem with her, get to know her and put yourself in her difficult thankless position before you make statements.

How many emergency managers have you known or worked with to make such a claim or judgement that she is "the worst"?
    Sounds like you might be her husband. You definitely don't have any biases, especially considering that you're basically fellating her to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    Sounds like you might be her husband. You definitely don't have any biases, especially considering that you're basically fellating her to no end.
    I don't really care for this comment. We need to be more respectful of differing opinions, and respect our anonymity and not try to make claims about who we may be, who we may work for, etc...

I work downtown and have a lot of opinions, and everyone has been nice and respectful enough to not try to guess who I am, who I may work for, etc...

Just as gpwfoever is praising her, you're really putting her down, so the accusation of bias could go either way.

A lot of people really don't like the EM's, but I wish they'd be just as critical of the elected officials that failed to balance their budgets. The whole reason why cities are in the mess that they're in is because short-sided "leaders" failed to make tough choices.

I've had to ditch off of I-75 the last few days when driving home and cut through Hamtramck. It's quite a bustling little town, it's amazingly dense, and the houses are so amazing. Each street has so much character.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post

I've had to ditch off of I-75 the last few days when driving home and cut through Hamtramck. It's quite a bustling little town, it's amazingly dense, and the houses are so amazing. Each street has so much character.
    1. Thank you
    2. We know
    3. Don't speed on the service drive or anywhere. Come to complete stops.
    4. You wouldn't be saying any of this if you had to do this in the middle of February.