Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Benny Napolean Wayne County Sheriff?

That's the news via Frankie Darcell. Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by 313WX; July-24-09 at 11:29 AM.

Benny Napoleon is one of those post Coleman Young, Post Archer era Detroit law enforcement leader leftovers and under fire for not keeping the Detroit Police Dept. in control to any response from violent crimes in the ghettohoods in Detroit.

I will not vote for him.

I want new leadership in Detroit.

It's "Benny N. Napoleon." You in a hurry?

Yeah, I'm sick of all the retreads too. We need a bigger broom.

This stinks! He was installed against Kym Worthy's complaints...and she's one of the FEW people I trust in all this mess.

Need to get to the bottom of this...is he a member of that Shrine of the Black Madonna, Gnome?! Where are you...

Well I give up on this region. You have L Brooks [[I'm taking my f*cking ball home) Patterson on one side with his urban sprawl cronies [[Jim Fouts, etc.), then you have all of your CAY and Kwame cronies taking over Wayne County on the other side.

Sorry, you guys are doomed. I'll take Chiacgo corrupt poltics anyday [[they DO get te job done).

Benny Napolean??? What a joke. A tired old retread. He was a failure as DPD Chief and he'll be a failure as WC Sheriff. The good old boys [[and girls) are at it again. Just about the time we think maybe things are headed in the right direction, kaboom!, the BS lands in our laps again.

I will never forget Sheriff Napoleon's famous quote "we don't shoot to maim, we shoot to kill." Beware of killa deputies on the roads of Wayne County.

Sounds as if Worthy is getting tired of the SOS in Detroit, just as a lot of other people.

MIRepublic Guest

WTF? What is this? Recycle the insiders? The Metro is in some serious need of outside expertise and knowledge and the county decides to play another game of "musical retreads". This is exactly why the metro is so royally screwed; they keep elevating the same old establishment appointees and candidates and hoping for a different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I will never forget Sheriff Napoleon's famous quote "we don't shoot to maim, we shoot to kill." Beware of killa deputies on the roads of Wayne County.
    What deputies on the road????

It seems everyone that was on the road is back in the jail because that's where they were budgeted. Wayne County Sheriff currently has 18 deputies not assigned to the jail or administration. Most of these are contract cars on the West side of the county.

What we have here is a Ficano Power Play. He appointed one of his people to an important position, you could veiw this move as hateful if you hate Ficano; or you could view it as not a bad choice.

Napolean was a young, hard charging lion right up until Kwame took office in 2001. Benny took over from Ike McKennon in '97 or '98 and did a pretty good job for Archer and Company. He was effective with the media, a smart guy with a nice smile and easy going demeanor. He earned his BA and JD with one the Police force, even has had a private practice ... no doubt the guy is accomplished. I don't believe he had much love from the rank and file. However...

His involvement with Sharon McFail is a head scratcher. Can you chaulk that up to some bad mojo? Was he charmed by Mrs. David Snead only to find out later she was a freakshow? hmmm. Curious.

The person I trust in all of this is Worthy. She asserts she didn't have enough time to review all 12 candidates and therefore the vote to appoint Napolean was a steamroller move by Ficano. I tend to believe her, but Napolean is no hack.

Finaco wins on this one by getting a guy who is one of his people. That may mean the jail is going to be run according to his wishes and according to the budget he sets forward. Remember, Warren Evans and Ficano fought over budget issues. One issue was food service. Hard to imagin that Wayne County spends $12 bucks a day on meals whereas Oakland and Macomb spend almost $3 ... that was based on a Evans contract.

Expect to see a food fight in 36th District Court before Labor Day.

Does this move lend any more credence to the merger of DPD and WayCo a la Miami-Dade County?

Quote Originally Posted by Radioron View Post
    What deputies on the road????

It seems everyone that was on the road is back in the jail because that's where they were budgeted. Wayne County Sheriff currently has 18 deputies not assigned to the jail or administration. Most of these are contract cars on the West side of the county.
    Okay then, "beware of killa deputies in the jail."

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Rag View Post
    Does this move lend any more credence to the merger of DPD and WayCo a la Miami-Dade County?

If anything, it will prevent it from ever happening, bobby ficanoops and chief ella bully evans hate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Remember, Warren Evans and Ficano fought over budget issues. One issue was food service. Hard to imagin that Wayne County spends $12 bucks a day on meals whereas Oakland and Macomb spend almost $3 ... that was based on a Evans contract.

Expect to see a food fight in 36th District Court before Labor Day.
    Hello Gnome,
    I don't think your information is accurate about $12/day. Where did you get that information?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Hello Gnome,
    I don't think your information is accurate about $12/day. Where did you get that information?

It was in the newspapers..

Quote Originally Posted by Moetown View Post
    It was in the newspapers..
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Which one?

News and free press. It was covered when sheriff bully evans sued ficanooo over the budget.