Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default How safe is eastern english village?

I readed the news regarding EEV is luanching the foreclosure properties start from few days ago and I m wondering how safe is in there.

It's East English Village. I live here. It isn't as safe as most suburbs but is far safer than most of the city. Think living in a neighborhood in a normal urban area, as oppose to Detroit.

You're from Hong Kong. Are you an investor? May I say, we have enough "investors" in this neighborhood already. If you are planning on being an owner-occupant, I welcome you with open arms. If you are simply curious, I welcome your questions as well. If you are an investor - that is, seeking to purchase and rent out residential properties from a different continent - I will oppose your efforts.

I grew up in EEV, when my mom who owned there, started to fail we lived in her home for 7 years as caretakers. Great place, great neighborhood for HOMEOWNERS.

My sister lives there, my niece lives there, our youngest son lives there. All homeowners. Please do not speculate in a very sweet neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    It's East English Village. I live here. It isn't as safe as most suburbs but is far safer than most of the city. Think living in a neighborhood in a normal urban area, as oppose to Detroit.

You're from Hong Kong. Are you an investor? May I say, we have enough "investors" in this neighborhood already. If you are planning on being an owner-occupant, I welcome you with open arms. If you are simply curious, I welcome your questions as well. If you are an investor - that is, seeking to purchase and rent out residential properties from a different continent - I will oppose your efforts.
    Hey Poobert, good comments, EEV is too nice to be exploited

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Use crime map and decide for yourself
    Crime maps only show you the reported crimes. How many people don't even bother reporting petty property crimes in Detroit because they know there's no point? Sometimes it's good to hear from people on the ground.

I don't know what the defining edges of EEV are, but the area near Moross seems to have got worse. Apparently this area is called Cornerstone Village? Either way, I've noticed a lot more vacant and burnt out houses in this area and heading towards Kelly in the last couple of years. Really nice bungalows and cape-cod style homes in this area too. As far as crime, it could be a lot safer than it currently is, but it's not anywhere near as bad as other parts of the city. However, I really hope that the negativity doesn't creep into EEV. It's definitely a nice area.

Let's see, EEV Prep on Cadieux recently had a murder in it's parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave70 View Post
    Yeah. But the school is technically in Cornerstone.

Pft, cross Cadieux and you're in EEV.

Get facts right, not cornerstone its called four corners. It abuts to four other communities.

Last edited by jcole; April-19-14 at 06:51 PM.

ok I'll stand corrected. I remember when we were NEAR, DEAR ,ONE, Neighbors United Etc. If they changed their name again no skin off my knees.

As mentioned I have many family members still there. I find it safe. It is a great community. It has nice houses and a great area. We do not live there anymore so I have no particular stakeholder position, it's just a nice place to live.

Look what happen to Steve Utash!

Look what happen to East English Village Prepatory Academy where there was a gang shooting, yes a gang shooting!
    Last edited by Danny; April-19-14 at 08:34 PM.

My cousin brought a two family flat on E. Outer Drive near Alter Rd. in 1990 in East English Village. At the time are neighborhood was nice and well kept up and 90% white all the way to Mack and Moross Rd. Now the area has some abandon buildings and crackheads, gangs and welfare and food stamp eaters ran amok in that area. The neighborhood looks nice and filled with trees from the main roads. But drive or walk deeper into those blocks. There are folks looking for trouble.

At the risk of looking stupid, which sometimes I do not mind. Outer Dr near Alter is Morning-side not EEV.

Kind of of think there are folks looking for trouble almost anywhere. I am saddened of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave70 View Post
    And it used to be Finney, which has always been a violent shithole in recent memory.

Disband DPS and execute all the administrators via firing squad and I think you've solved a lot of Detroit's problems right there.

DPS schools are like Mars to me. I don't go there, I don't have kids to go there, and when I do, they won't. The side streets of EEV are nice and quiet for the most part.

So what's the trend? Pertaining to safety.

I know it's hard for some here but please...Don't sugar coat it.

Poobert= Thanks for your reply.

I am wondering that how come there have "enough investor"?

Is it difficult to lease the properties there?

Whatever the news are alway talking about Detroit but I still beieve Detroit is still one of the potential part in US.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

I got 1 more question is which streets I have to care not to go in EEV?

All of EEV is just fine. I like the area bounded by Cadieux, Warren, Mack and Outer drive best. Just saying. It is a great community over all.

Finney was not a shit hole when I was there. At that time it was a Jr and Senior High. It was seriously integrated, but no major worries. Just a nice school and place to be. I am sure the new academy is fine, remember shit does happen anywhere.

I liked and still do EEV. Just great people!

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    All of EEV is just fine. I like the area bounded by Cadieux, Warren, Mack and Outer drive best. Just saying. It is a great community over all.

Finney was not a shit hole when I was there. At that time it was a Jr and Senior High. It was seriously integrated, but no major worries. Just a nice school and place to be. I am sure the new academy is fine, remember shit does happen anywhere.

I liked and still do EEV. Just great people!
    When did you go there sumas? 45 years ago?

One interesting thing I've noticed in EEV is that people who are out for a walk tend to carry sticks or golf clubs when they walk. My guess is that this is to ward off strays but maybe it's to ward off people. Just wondering what's up with this.

Quote Originally Posted by TTime View Post
    One interesting thing I've noticed in EEV is that people who are out for a walk tend to carry sticks or golf clubs when they walk. My guess is that this is to ward off strays but maybe it's to ward off people. Just wondering what's up with this.

Aint it normow fer folks to carry sticks and clubs out fer a walk in an English village? It used to be when I was a lad in the Cotswolds...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Aint it normow fer folks to carry sticks and clubs out fer a walk in an English village? It used to be when I was a lad in the Cotswolds...
    Sticks, canes, clubs, bats are not enough to get so much notice that LEO are called.

But I bet the concealed stuff is back up. It's the concealed stuff that will get you in legal trouble and out of life ending trouble.

Curious that in Michigan, open carry is legal.

Oh, Dogs too...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast