Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fastest '57 Chevy in The World

Got this video from a motor head friend. Thought anyone that appreciates speed and old vehicles might enjoy this.

http://growingbolder.com/media/techn...ld-220211.html

I just wouldn't want to be behind this guy at a light....

If I had that truck I could get things done, like going to Georgia St and getting home before it floods.

ccbatson Guest

Toooo cool. Somebody please forward that to Al Gore.

Now that was impressive. Thanks for the video, eriedearie.

I was doing some research on jet engines recently and ran across the pulse jet engine. It's simple enough to make yourself. There are many YouTube videos demonstrating it.

There was a pick up truck in A2 a couple of weeks ago that had a jet engine mounted in its bed. It was part of the street hot rod show. I didn't notice it until it fired up and screamed and everybody for a block, jumped. It was at Liberty and Fourth and I was at Washington and Fourth. I thought I'd to have to hide behind a building in case it got loose. I saw Art Arfon's [[The Green Monster) and Craig Breedlove's [[The Spirit of America) vehicles at Detroit Dragway as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Now that was impressive. Thanks for the video, eriedearie.
    You're welcome Jimaz!

It would be too cool to ride in that! At that speed tho' your upper lip would be flapping over your forehead!

Bats, Al would say he built it.

ccbatson Guest

Nah...he would wag his finger, castigate the maker, demand a punitive fine from the owners/operators, then quietly jump in and drive away in it to quickly get to his private jet on his way to one of his many mega mansions whose climate control systems are powered by enough coal fired generators to supply a small city for a year.