Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Free Press' Stephen Henderson wins a 2014 Pulitzer Prize

Congrats to Stephen Henderson of the Free Press [and once active DetroitYES member] on winning a Pulitzer Prize. He has been an outstanding voice of reason and fairness.

Those who have been around a while will remember him being fairly active here from a few years back as sehender1 in which he made as identity known.

He joins another famous Class of 2014 winner -- NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Congrats to Stephen Henderson of the Free Press [and once active DetroitYES member] on winning a Pulitzer Prize. He has been an outstanding voice of reason and fairness.

Those who have been around a while will remember him being fairly active here from a few years back as sehender1 in which he made as identity known.

He joins another famous Class of 2014 winner -- NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.
    Congratulations to Stephen Henderson and traitor Edward Snowden, who certainly picked a wonderful human rights country to reside in. I hope he's a lot happier there, comrade.

Congrats also. Mr Henderson is a fine person and a good writer. A good conversationalist too.

Congrats, I guess.

I personally don't care for his writing.

His editorial board's hypocritical speaking out of both sides of the mouth on both democracy and education when it comes to city resident's left a sour taste in my mouth.

I certainly didn't always agree with Mr. Henderson's work, particularly when it came to the state's role here in the city, but his writing was definitely more nuanced, balanced, fair, and gave much greater consideration to the actual people who live here, than almost anything that came out in that other paper.

As for Mr. Snowden, he's well out of purview of this site, but let me just say that I couldn't feel any more differently than Honky Tonk above about him or his work in telling a supposedly free people what is actually being done to them by their own government.