Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Snyder's EM Enforcer Revealed

Well, this is curious.

My new Muckraking friend, Steve, has uncovered more of the dirty white-faced mechanism behind the facade of the DictatOrr...the bulldog operative Bill Nowling.

He is ostensibly the "Spokesman" for the Emergency Financial Manager, effectively firewalling any true and transparent investigation into the inner workings of this scam forced upon Detroit by Snydely and his minions.

Alarm bells go off when one considers the last time he made the news, as a "consultant" for Ameritech, when Rep. Mike Rogers reported being strong-armed into voting the corporation's way on a regulation item up for legislation.

I believe that all sorts of light and heat should be trained upon this guy, along with any and all like him sent here by Lansing. Steve is collecting stories of others who've tried to get any proximity to the DictatOrr, if you have information please contact him...or just let it blast here.

Because I think that is at least a good portion of why this forum exists.

Cheers and more,
    John

Kevyn Orr and the laws empowering him are the best things that have happened to this city in decades. We are now able to stop living in the ruined past. I am liking Mayor Duggan so far for similar reasons. We can bitch and moan about our evil overlords if we want to. If the EM position, it's office, and supporting staff are an evil conspiracy meant to destroy us, what the hell was the last 50 years? Benevolent, effective municipal management? The only thing wrong with Kevyn Orr is that he can't stay forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Alarm bells go off when one considers the last time he made the news, as a "consultant" for Ameritech, when Rep. Mike Rogers reported being strong-armed into voting the corporation's way on a regulation item up for legislation.
    All the other stuff aside, this is BS. I don't buy that Rogers was 'srong armed' to vote a specific way. If he was, then he has not ethics or integrity. If he wasn't, then he's a liar and political coward.

Well, this is curious.

My new Muckraking friend, Steve, has uncovered more of the dirty white-faced mechanism behind the facade of the DictatOrr...the bulldog operative Bill Nowling.

He is ostensibly the "Spokesman" for the Emergency Financial Manager, effectively firewalling any true and transparent investigation into the inner workings of this scam forced upon Detroit by Snydely and his minions.

I believe that all sorts of light and heat should be trained upon this guy, along with any and all like him sent here by Lansing. Steve is collecting stories of others who've tried to get any proximity to the DictatOrr, if you have information please contact him...or just let it blast here.

Because I think that is at least a good portion of why this forum exists.

Cheers and more,
    John
    Every time I guess that you're the author of a post prior to opening, I'm correct. Have you ever read your posts in context with each other? I'm sure it's a fun read...

Please do not talk about my friends and or acquaintance like this. It shines a dark light on you. Mostly, conspiracy theorist he may be, he generally knows whereof he speaks.

Keep a low profile.

Gannon is a charming fellow. He knows this city and while I do not always agree with his opinions, I can certainly respect him.

To quote Gannon, "Cheers"

Me too,.Cheers, John!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Gannon is a charming fellow. He knows this city and while I do not always agree with his opinions, I can certainly respect him.

To quote Gannon, "Cheers"
    Respect is earned. Advocating for the continued torture of Detroiters rather than an imperfect improvement does not engender respect.

Neither does name-calling those with whom you disagree. Its not dignified and also does not engender respect.

I think we would be a better society if we were more civil but did not respect those who behave irresponsibly.

Civility, of course comes regardless of your opinions.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; April-10-14 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Respect is earned. Advocating for the continued torture of Detroiters rather than an imperfect improvement does not engender respect.

Neither does name-calling those with whom you disagree. Its not dignified and also does not engender respect.

I think we would be a better society if we were more civil but did not respect those who behave irresponsibly.

Civility, of course comes regardless of your opinions.
    What an odd post, I did not call names, I certainly have my own opinions and entirely agree civility is in order. Mr Orr bothers me not a bit. I supported Duggan. Chief Craig awesome! I certainly enjoy Gannons posts and do RESPECT his opinions. It is important to hear all dialogue. Gannon has earned my respect, it is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldj View Post
    Please do not talk about my friends and or acquaintance like this. It shines a dark light on you. Mostly, conspiracy theorist he may be, he generally knows whereof he speaks.

Keep a low profile.
    I guess before anyone posts now, or disagrees, they should run it by ronaldj now for approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I guess before anyone posts now, or disagrees, they should run it by ronaldj now for approval.
    I recognize the sarcasm, but not a bad idea. Ronaldj is a gentleman, a genial person and a scholar. I agree calling Gannon a psycho was quite beyond the pale.

What an odd post, I did not call names, I certainly have my own opinions and entirely agree civility is in order. Mr Orr bothers me not a bit. I supported Duggan. Chief Craig awesome! I certainly enjoy Gannons posts and do RESPECT his opinions. It is important to hear all dialogue. Gannon has earned my respect, it is deserved.
    Sorry, sumas. Did not intend post to be targeted at you or your post.

The OP did call Snyder and Orr humorous name -- but in the larger context of things, hardly worth mentioning and not so much name-calling.

But I respectfully suggest, that terms like Snydley and DictatOrr while humorous are not respectful. Thus, I do not respect such posts nor the poster, whether the posts are spot on or delusional.

I believe we have become too quick to attack those with whom we differ. As true from the far left as from the far right. Both sides believing the other being worse.

Respect has switched from something earned to a 'demand'. I don't assume Gannon lives to earn my respect. And I don't expect such. We both should judge each other on behavior, ideas, manners. Be willing to forgive. And respect those who earn it.

If i do not have respect for Gannon's post, is this a slight? Should he feel 'disrespected'? No.

So back to the debate... do we really think Snyder is a bad guy? I'm listening. But I don't think so.

And I am very critical of those who attack his and Orr's efforts to carry Detroit through and past this difficult situation. I believe Snyder has done more for Detroit than the last dozen mayors combined. Unlike Granholm, he has stepped up to the plate and is addressing many of the systemic problems in Detroit. Corrupt pension boards that have squandered sacred retirements. Inefficient bureaucracy that is a jobs farm. Lack of public safety by a weak DPD. Monopolistic schools that have failed generations of Michiganders. You may not like his solutions, but he's brought them to Detroit. For that he deserves respect. Whether you agree -- that's up to you.

I recognize the sarcasm, but not a bad idea. Ronaldj is a gentleman, a genial person and a scholar. I agree calling Gannon a psycho was quite beyond the pale.

Thanks for the backup Sumas and Ronaldj...I can handle the criticism. I'm pretty sure someone was complaining about MY name-calling, though, if I catch the reading right.

I feel it is my right to editorialize these public figures, so then also yield that right to any of my critics. As long as they get creative and not vindictive.

YOU helped me open up to Duggan, which significantly altered my stance with him here...and now that 100 days have passed, I find myself cheering the guy on. Of course, if he bozo'd out, he would be fair game...but he's been doing the job.

With the EFM, I DO feel he is an installed dictator, so the name is apt and trite, and I'll use that nickname as long as it fits. Snyder is all but un-redeemable now...nothing he's done has benefited real citizens, only those corporate entities masquerading as persons.

Now that we find this guy in the mix? Here is Neavling's story on him...and he and I agree that Bill Nowling deserves all the attention the Fourth Estate can deliver.

I mean, hey, he held up Mike Cox after a sexual affair nine years ago. You just don't know WHAT he's going to grab next.

Cheers, sincerely,
    John

Thanks for the backup Sumas and Ronaldj...I can handle the criticism. I'm pretty sure someone was complaining about MY name-calling, though, if I catch the reading right.

I feel it is my right to editorialize these public figures, so then also yield that right to any of my critics. As long as they get creative and not vindictive.

YOU helped me open up to Duggan, which significantly altered my stance with him here...and now that 100 days have passed, I find myself cheering the guy on. Of course, if he bozo'd out, he would be fair game...but he's been doing the job.

With the EFM, I DO feel he is an installed dictator, so the name is apt and trite, and I'll use that nickname as long as it fits. Snyder is all but un-redeemable now...nothing he's done has benefited real citizens, only those corporate entities masquerading as persons.

Now that we find this guy in the mix? Here is Neavling's story on him...and he and I agree that Bill Nowling deserves all the attention the Fourth Estate can deliver.

I mean, hey, he held up Mike Cox after a sexual affair nine years ago. You just don't know WHAT he's going to grab next.

Cheers, sincerely,
    John
    Best to you, John. I'll read Neavling's story. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    And I am very critical of those who attack his and Orr's efforts to carry Detroit through and past this difficult situation. I believe Snyder has done more for Detroit than the last dozen mayors combined. Unlike Granholm, he has stepped up to the plate and is addressing many of the systemic problems in Detroit. Corrupt pension boards that have squandered sacred retirements. Inefficient bureaucracy that is a jobs farm. Lack of public safety by a weak DPD. Monopolistic schools that have failed generations of Michiganders. You may not like his solutions, but he's brought them to Detroit. For that he deserves respect. Whether you agree -- that's up to you.
    Great post, Wesley...cool on the mutual lack of respect, all's fair in love and war. I am in the middle of a severe asthma attack and the Proventil ran out overnight...once I get my druthers...I'll spend some time and energy fashioning a true response. Because your post has truly inspired me.

Sincerely,
    John

Too funny, we keep cross-posting...

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    He's pretty good at catching copy errors as well...

He's pretty good at catching copy errors as well...
    Too funny, we keep cross-posting...

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    All the other stuff aside, this is BS. I don't buy that Rogers was 'srong armed' to vote a specific way. If he was, then he has not ethics or integrity. If he wasn't, then he's a liar and political coward.
    Sorry, my language was incomplete. The Bullshytedog TRIED to strong-arm him, I have yet to learn the follow-up on how the vote went, or what Rogers did...but I suspect taking it public was his way of insulating himself from this backroom abuse of the public trust by corporate entities who continually take their court-granted "personhood" to a democracy-destroying level.

No cheers on that one...

Gannon you're good in my book. You've got one foot out of the Matrix. :-) The ego's thought system is all about divide and conquer...survival of the fittest. There is good things going on in Detroit and there are bad things going on in Detroit. In a world of duality that is the rule. But if it's not for the good of everybody it's a lie, and it's just important that we know that it's a lie. When it comes to corporate power and politics the biggest question is what is it for? If it's for hoarding and power and bullying that is called mental illness. [[There is a show on A&E all about hoarding. Is hoarding money any different? And if it's about power it's narcissistic and psychopathic. Welcome to the insane asylum... good to know you!
    Last edited by MizMotown; April-10-14 at 11:39 AM.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder who is Detroit, I am pretty proactive in my area. Love my home, my neighborhood, my neighbors and area kids.

Just who on this board still lives here, We do!

Honestly, sometimes I wonder who is Detroit, I am pretty proactive in my area. Love my home, my neighborhood, my neighbors and area kids.

only the love is real....

What does it matter who lives in Detroit or in the suburbs? Lowell's slogan or "mission statement" if you will is "DetroitYES! - Celebrating the International Family of Communites of Greater Detroit & Windsor" not "Detroit Only!-Celebrating those who live only in the city of Detroit; the rest of you posers STAY OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What does it matter who lives in Detroit or in the suburbs? Lowell's slogan or "mission statement" if you will is "DetroitYES! - Celebrating the International Family of Communites of Greater Detroit & Windsor" not "Detroit Only!-Celebrating those who live only in the city of Detroit; the rest of you posers STAY OUT!

lol YAA!! I work in Detroit. Detroit gets my money for working in Detroit although I just park in a garage and walk into a building 5 days a week! I am a Detroit contributor!!

Look at it as if Mr Orr was appointed the financial guardian for a mental incompetent to avoid having the said mentally handicapped individual blowing his money and ending up in abject poverty. Does the mentally handicapped individual lose his financial independence and the ability to satisfy his whims? Yes, that is what it means. Detroit is now subject to adult supervision.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast