Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Brightmoor Alumni?

Anybody else from Brightmoor? I was born and raised there in the 50's and 60's. Got married to a Brightmoor girl and moved to Dearborn Hgts. in 1971. Me and her and my 1970 Cougar Eliminator had more fun cruisin' Telegraph than you could shake a GTO at.........

I went to Borgess with a lot of Brightmoorians! I am not one though. I grew up in Franklin Park [[Cody/Rouge).

I went to Redford [[Go Huskies) ..... I had a couple of friends who went to Borgess on Plymouth Rd. Did you know a guy named Terry whose older brother was a Detroit cop?
    Last edited by MotorCityTrikes; April-09-14 at 10:56 AM.

I have a fellow I'd like to find from Brightmoor.

Around the time of the Gulf War, he was in his twenties.

If anyone is from there around this time, I heard tell he was notorious until a life change which occurred roughly the time I met him. The story behind my involvement in his life includes one of the greatest unexplained miracles I've ever witnessed. Last name was Guilbeau...pronounced Gilbo.

Contact me privately here if possible.

Cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityTrikes View Post
    I went to Redford [[Go Huskies) ..... I had a couple of friends who went to Borgess on Plymouth Rd. Did you know a guy named Terry whose older brother was a Detroit cop?
    I know a lot of Detroit Cops. I know a lot of guys named Terry. I graduated in 1984. I like to begin a lot of sentences with 'I'.

'I' see that DetroitPlanner .... The Terry I know would be before your time we all graduated or got kicked out of school in 1969. My dad had friends from his childhood that worked out of the 16th precinct on Gr. River. Terry's brothers name was Jim and was in stolen car recovery.

Gannon there is a Brightmoor FB page you could ask there.....

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityTrikes View Post
    'I' see that DetroitPlanner .... The Terry I know would be before your time we all graduated or got kicked out of school in 1969. My dad had friends from his childhood that worked out of the 16th precinct on Gr. River. Terry's brothers name was Jim and was in stolen car recovery.

Gannon there is a Brightmoor FB page you could ask there.....
    Then I doubt it was that Terry!

I was born there, lived in a brand new bungalow with my folks, had lots of friends in the neighborhood, went to Hubert until we moved to the UP when I was just going into 4th grade. Sure seems like we crammed a lifetime into those few years.

Our closest and dearest friend still lives and owns in Brightmoor. He has great neighbors and recently when his dog went missing got amazing help from his neighbors.

He did retrieve his dog.