Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Birmingham Bars

Default Birmingham Bars

I know the downtown and RO bar scenes fairly well, but anyone have any recommendations for good places in downtown Birmingham? Just looking for a good, reasonably classy place to have a drink and hang out. Yelp wasn't all that helpful for me, most of the reviews all just talk about food. The two I was looking at as potential options were Toast and Townhouse.

Spartan - couple of suggestions, as I work in Troy and we make our rounds to Birmingham quite often on Thursday & Fridays:

Thursday: start out at Griffin Claw Brewery, up the street from Big Rock. Then head over to Social Kitchen for dinner & more drinks. Then to Townhouse and finish up at Streetside.

Friday: Any combination of above; but you could start out a Townhouse about 7pm then Socal Kitchen and finish at Townhouse. There is a new place called the The "Bread and the Basket" I believe; good vibe, good beer list. They've only been open maybe a month, and still working on improving "service delivery" but prices are great, nice crowd and nice "eye candy"....typical Birmingham vibe, if you get my drift....lol!

Toast - great place for the "power breakfast", like I had there this morning! However, I've only been there for breakfast a few times not gone there after work etc.

Enjoy!

Sorry, I meant on Friday "finish at Streetside" after Townhouse and Social Kitchen. Actually, since it's supposed to be really nice on Th - it should be jumping in Bham!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Spartan - couple of suggestions, as I work in Troy and we make our rounds to Birmingham quite often on Thursday & Fridays:

Thursday: start out at Griffin Claw Brewery, up the street from Big Rock. Then head over to Social Kitchen for dinner & more drinks. Then to Townhouse and finish up at Streetside.

Friday: Any combination of above; but you could start out a Townhouse about 7pm then Socal Kitchen and finish at Townhouse. There is a new place called the The "Bread and the Basket" I believe; good vibe, good beer list. They've only been open maybe a month, and still working on improving "service delivery" but prices are great, nice crowd and nice "eye candy"....typical Birmingham vibe, if you get my drift....lol!

Toast - great place for the "power breakfast", like I had there this morning! However, I've only been there for breakfast a few times not gone there after work etc.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I know Toast is known for their breakfast, but they're open late and it seems like they have a pretty solid drink list. Most of what I've read is that Social Kitchen is pretty loud, is that true? I don't want to go anywhere that's TOO loud. If you had to pick one or two, which would be at the top of your list?