Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default I hear Brush Park RFP has been yanked...

I guess the city got some bids from developers but yanked the proposal;s to again look at the master plan for the neighborhood?

Anyone know of anything?

No, but it would be nice if the community could see what type of proposals the city was getting. The proposals themselves might not have been any good or the master plan might need some refinement to reflect more current and sustainable trends. There's no way to know without transparency.

whats RFP?

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    whats RFP?
    Request for proposal

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    whats RFP?
    It means the city put a lot of land up for sale in BP to be developed into condos, retail etc. from what I understand they had some bids, but then decided they wanted to rework the master plan for the neighborhood and closed the RFP

Apparently, the city had yanked the RFP so that developers could update their designs that take into account the Red Wings arena. A new RFP will be issued for Brush Park "soon".

http://www.freep.com/article/2014080...ewster-Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by jaytheory View Post
    It means the city put a lot of land up for sale in BP to be developed into condos, retail etc. from what I understand they had some bids, but then decided they wanted to rework the master plan for the neighborhood and closed the RFP
    This makes sense.

West of Woodward will be more entertainment and office and East of Woodward more housing and small retail.

I would suspect if we look at the 2020 Census of Population and Housing this will be the population growth will be in the city.

Potential to create a new neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    Apparently, the city had yanked the RFP so that developers could update their designs that take into account the Red Wings arena. A new RFP will be issued for Brush Park "soon".

http://www.freep.com/article/2014080...ewster-Douglas
    Yes, we certainly wouldn't want to do anything to upset Mikey.

I will once again take this opportunity to pedal my idea for the Brewster site: a large recreational center with softball fields and soccer/football pitch, preserving the 'Joe Louis Gym' as part of the facility [[see above Freep link). Line Beaubien St. and Wilkins St. with mid-rise housing and/or townhouses, with access points to the fields that will be behind them, overlooking the skyline.

After the Brewster demolition is done, there will be an overwhelming amount of vacant land between John R and the I-75 service drive in that area. I'm hoping for some middle/upper middle class housing or apartments. With the new stadium district/Downtown/Midtown all within a 2 minute drive, that has to be one of the best locations in the city.