Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dearborn's historic district ? Dearborn's elite residences ?

Does anyone know where is Dearborn's historic district housing stock located at ?

Another question is in regards to Dearborn's movers and shakers - Where are Dearborn's richest and wealthiest residences ?

I believe the "Ford Homes" district would be one of the better-known "historic" neighborhoods. I think the homes are mostly along Park St, Nona St, and Beech St.

crawford Guest

Dearborn doesn't really have many people who could be termed "rich" or "wealthy".

It's primarily blue collar to middle class. Now if you're asking which neighborhood is nicest, it's the one around the golf club. A few big homes there, but mostly middle class residences.

There ARE what we used to call the 'single-digits' across the creek from the HF mansion and the UofM-D & HFCC campii...at the foot of Cherry Hill southbound, in that little sub up the hill a bit.

Some of the folks around the golf course are amazingly wealthy...like the guy who stole my college sweetheart.

One of my clients there was Henry Ford II's personal attorney, I'm sure he's got a dime or two stashed somewhere. He lives a few streets FROM the golf course.

Hell, before he built his gonzo copper-roofed freakshow in B'ham, Alan what's-his-name [[one of the top financial people that Bill, Jr. rehired when he had the reigns for that short while) lived in a little TOWNHOUSE off Military and the Rouge!

Not everybody at the Glass House wanted to drive all the way to fucking Bloomfield or the Pointes! Not everyone who lives in small houses is a middle-earner!

Cheers

The aviation subdivision near St. Al's should have some historic significance, but I'm pretty sure the only historic residences in town are those Ford Homes, strange little things that they are!

There is a museum, a stone's throw from the single-digits, where you could go and learn about Dearborn's past...

I love driving around Dearborn and looking at the houses. I bought my first yard tool at an estate sale at one of the single digit homes back some 25 yrs ago.Only thing missing is the Little Professor book store.

The area around Springwells Park, Greenfield & Rotunda, has some apts & townhouses that were originally built by Henry Ford in the late 20s early 30s for his single, male employees to live in rather than in boarding houses. I lived in the apts in the late 80s, early 90s when I first moved to Dearborn. There are many unique houses with cool landscaping in that area too.
    As far as wealthiest residences go, I think the Residences at the TPC are probably there. This is a gated community next to Springwells Park and built around the TPC golf course. I'm not sure if this is the same golf course Gannon was mentioning. Although it sounds to me like he may have been talking about the Dearborn Country Club golf course. Anyway, I know of one former major leaguer who lives in there, and those homes are generally $400K plus.

Yeah, Jackie, I was talking of the Country Club...off Ford Road and Golfview Drive.

I really don't know anything about the TPC, it all happened after I moved away...and I have no fascination with displays of wealth, no need to search these places out until a client hires me to make their home entertainment systems function easily and perfectly!

I am a big fan of the River Lane/Long Blvd. area off of Military close to Cherry Hill. Lots of big old Tudors/colonials. The area has had a lot of construction by the River Rouge, so it isn't as wonderful as it used to be, but I still love to drive through it. I am also a big fan of Fairmount Drive, which runs along Dearborn Hills on the west side of Telegraph. There has been a lot of remodels and tear-downs, so it's getting a bit ostentatious now, but there are still some lovely old houses there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Yeah, Jackie, I was talking of the Country Club...off Ford Road and Golfview Drive.

I really don't know anything about the TPC, it all happened after I moved away...and I have no fascination with displays of wealth, no need to search these places out until a client hires me to make their home entertainment systems function easily and perfectly!
    Hi Gannon
    I only know about the TPC & homes around it because I was living in Springwells Park when it was being built. While construction was occurring, you could check out the course & surrounding homes without being hassled about trespassing. Then the gate & guard booth came up which put a stop to that.