Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hobby shop at Livonia Mall

Does anyone have info or pics of the hobby shop that used to be at Livonia Mall? I don't mean Kay Bee Toy and Hobby. I'm referring to a shop that was probably an original tenant. I went there with my dad in the early seventies. I recall it was sort of in a corner near one of the less-used [[maybe rear) entrances.

I know that Hobby Shop was there in the mid to late 1960's.....I [[parents) purchased a Cox gas powered boat back then [[1969). Forgot the store name.....but, I will eventually think of it?

FYI: Still have the boat & original box!!!!!

Yes, Livonia Mall opened in 1964 so I'm sure that's the one. I remember going with my dad while he was working on a balsa model airplane kit.

I remember something back in the northwest corner of the mall, but I can't remember the exact layout.

There was another place that dealt with RC stuff, trains and HO sets in some little strip mall out that way too. I can almost picture the place, but I can't recall what road it was on.

Was that the Hodge Podge?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If I am not mistaken, the hobby shop was located on the north side of the mall across from the Sears entrance to the mall. Was it possibly Lobby Hobby? I think a Harmony House store occupied the space in later years. I seem to remember a Raimi's curtain store next to the hobby store as well.

No, I don't think that was it. It was a full-fledged hobby shop; models, trains, kites, etc. For some reason I'm also remembering a Cunningham Drugs. Was there ever a Cunninghams in the mall? If so I think the hobby shop was next to it....