Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Driver who stopped to check on boy his truck hit is severely beaten by bystanders

A motorist is in critical condition after being beaten by a large group of people on the city’s east side after his truck struck an 11-year-old boy today, Detroit police said.

“He got his,” said one witness to the beating who declined to give her name. “He got beat up real bad.”

Sgt. Michael Woody said officers believe the driver pulled over to check on the child after he was hit around 4:10 p.m. He was then assaulted by people in the neighborhood near Morang and Balfour streets.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014040...kup-in-Detroit

That's also why insurance costs in Detroit will continue to remain ridiculously high.

That element has to go away.

So was it a racial attack or not?

I know these stories are uncommon and NOT at all representative of Detroiters, but they are scary as hell. The depravity is like off the charts, in so many ways, like feral children running [[and ruling) the streets.

After hearing this, I think I would have to think hard about stopping for an accident in certain areas.

OMG! The whole thing is surreal. The kid steps off of a curb, without looking, in front of oncoming traffic. The guy stops to check on the kid and the locals damn near, if they already haven't, kill him. Yeah, I'm sure the neighborhoods will be repopulated real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I know these stories are uncommon and NOT at all representative of Detroiters, but they are scary as hell. The depravity is like off the charts, in so many ways, like feral children running [[and ruling) the streets.

After hearing this, I think I would have to think hard about stopping for an accident in certain areas.
    Agreed. I try to patronize Detroit business as much as possible. I am constantly trying to get friends to go to Detroit, too [[for something other than a sporting event). When people say "aren't you scared?" I reply that hundreds of thousands of people live in Detroit and they aren't murdered.

But jeezus, this could happen to anyone. Eff that, I'm driving away and pressing my OnStar emergency button.

Ooooh, something awful happened in Detroit!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...Detroit-street

More info now available

Police are looking for 10-12 men involved in the beating.
    “We are asking anyone with information about who any of the 10 to 12 people might be to give us a call,” Woody said.
    Police are asking witnesses or others with details about the incident to call [[313) 596-1616.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2xr2jRjRV

Ooooh, something awful happened in Detroit! ...........AGAIN.

Morang and Balfour was my old stomping ground [[Grayton and Nottingham). It used to be one of the safest places in Detroit

Total breakdown of civil society. It makes the Dark Ages look like Romper Room. Violence is the answer, nevermind the question. Keep in mind that these concerned, rampaging citizens have children. Often many children.

I live in Detroit and this is why I say Detroit isn't coming back. PARTS of Detroit are coming back. Small parts, relative to the totally fucked hole.

It's gonna be hard to put a shine on this turd.

This ain't anything new, stuff like this would happen years ago in the central city now it's moving outward.

Coming to a city near you!!

Also, Morang & Balfour, that's like Balduck Park/St. Johns area. Nice homes, generally considered semi-safeish, kinda. You could probably walk from this intersection to million dollar homes in the Pointes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Also, Morang & Balfour, that's like Balduck Park/St. Johns area. Nice homes, generally considered semi-safeish, kinda. You could probably walk from this intersection to million dollar homes in the Pointes.
    This specific area is a couple of miles north of Balduck Park, although it was a popular area with city employees for many years. The once very successful Kavan's Colony East Bar/Grille was in this neighborhood for many years as well.
    Last edited by IrishSpartan; April-03-14 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Ooooh, something awful happened in Detroit!
    Naww nothing bad happened, it was a good day for those interested in Social Justice.

The guy from Macomb County deserved his beating for what he represented, the evil white people.

This is exactly why you think what happened is a joke, Oooooh indeed.

Did they give him a sobriety test?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smiles View Post
    Naww nothing bad happened, it was a good day for those interested in Social Justice.

The guy from Macomb County deserved his beating for hat he represented, the evil white people.

This is exactly why you think what happened is a joke, Oooooh indeed.
    guy

I hope that you were joking. If not, the poor guy stopped and went to the kids aide. Did the kid darted out in front of the truck? Many people in Detroit love to walk into traffic displaying the low level of intellegents acquired through poor upbringing and mental illnes. This man didnt deserve the beating. Would you deserve a beating from a group of Macomb County men
    if you were to hit a child accidentally with your car

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Did they give him a sobriety test?
    The guy is in critical condition. I would assume they're just hoping to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    This specific area is a couple of miles north of Balduck Park, although it was a popular area with city employees for many years. The once very successful Kavan's Colony East Bar/Grille was in this neighborhood for many years.
    After the crash of 2008 the neighborhood went way downhill. Most of the streets were actually fairly decent up until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Morang and Balfour was my old stomping ground [[Grayton and Nottingham). It used to be one of the safest places in Detroit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982

I was born at St John's and my mother worked there for 30 years. We grew up near Warren and Cadieux. While yes, on a map, Balfour and Morang are just a few miles north of St John Hospital, I'd say that even 20 years ago that area has been on the decline in a much different way simply being north [[or west, depending on where) of I-94.

Yes, it's within walking distance of the million dollar homes of Grosse Pointe Shores, but only in the same way that downtown Royal Oak is within walking distance of 8 mile and State Fair. They might be close on a map, but they are two different worlds for sure.

Balfour and Morang are one major intersection away from the borders of 48205 -- the most dangerous zip code in the city.

It's stories like this that make me not mind the overbearing presence of police in some of the suburbs. [[Or Belle Isle)
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; April-03-14 at 07:53 PM.

The savages even robbed the body. I'm suprised he wasn't eaten on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    That element has to go away.
    I don't think they will go anywhere. I think the best thing that we can hope for us to contain them, create safety, then help assimilate them into a non-violent culture.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I don't think they will go anywhere. I think the best thing that we can hope for us to contain them, create safety, then help assimilate them into a non-violent culture.
    Well good luck with that...

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    After the crash of 2008 the neighborhood went way downhill. Most of the streets were actually fairly decent up until then.
    People I knew were wanting out of there in the mid-1980's. It's a shame because I thought it was an interesting area of the east side.

Is this just gonna be another dog bites man event? No news here.
    Does this qualify as a hate crime?
    Is there any censorship/sanitizing on the media's part?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast