Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Saul Green is now Dir. of Public Safety?

According to Inside Detroit, people called in and confirmed that he is now in this position, and that Charles Beckham is "really" now Deputy Mayor. Why no announcement? And why would SG even want that position? Along those lines, why say you're keeping SG as deputy mayor and then silently move him into a lower position?

Mista Alan Guest

This was announced a while ago. It is not a secret.

I wonder what advise Charlie Beckham has for Monica Conyers? "Well when I took a bribe for a sludge hauling contract..." or "...and in 20 years you too could be deputy mayor."

Beckham, paving the way for felons to return..............................
    Bing your an idiot..............

"Bing your an idiot"

Where is itsjeff when you need him.

I can just imagine what he would photoshop with that.

Charlie Beckham was set up for a come back LOL

Stosh Guest

Why in hell would one have a director of public safety? I mean really. Not enough to have a Chief of Police, or a Fire Department Chief. What does he do? His job description?

Why is Green staying in the picture? Bing is lettting little kk's folks tell him what to do. Beckham the past jailbird is the head man in Bing's office. All of this corruption. Why was Green with Wood when she got fired? What is soon to be uncovered? Ok public safety for whom??

But the newspapers are still referring to Saul Green as Deputy Mayor, so I'm wondering if this is really public knowledge? Or is he holding both jobs?

It should surprise few that Bing's way forward is rooted in the recent past. He signaled this to all when he chose Charlie Beckham to run his campaign. Ken Cockerel was the better choice. Cockerel was in a really tough political spot. He was facing several elections in less than a year. He had to keep some KK appointees and staff for fear of them running to rival campaigns.

Although some were underwhelmed by Cockerel's tenure, I saw solid appointments, and a slow methodical, approach to the real city budget woes and other issues. Had he made it through the elections, I believe he would have cleaned house and become the mayor the city needs.

With Bing I see someone with little grasp of the real detroit. He lives in a waterfront condo. The drive from his condo to his office looks pretty good. He needs a dose of reality. A trip to the SW side for a hot dog at Duly's would be a good start.

gravitymachine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detrola View Post
    It should surprise few that Bing's way forward is rooted in the recent past. He signaled this to all when he chose Charlie Beckham to run his campaign. Ken Cockerel was the better choice. Cockerel was in a really tough political spot. He was facing several elections in less than a year. He had to keep some KK appointees and staff for fear of them running to rival campaigns.

Although some were underwhelmed by Cockerel's tenure, I saw solid appointments, and a slow methodical, approach to the real city budget woes and other issues. Had he made it through the elections, I believe he would have cleaned house and become the mayor the city needs.

With Bing I see someone with little grasp of the real detroit. He lives in a waterfront condo. The drive from his condo to his office looks pretty good. He needs a dose of reality. A trip to the SW side for a hot dog at Duly's would be a good start.
    this post wins

This is very disappointing.