Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Motorcycle Trike Design is Here - Would be Made in Detroit

A few months back I mentioned I was pursuing a new motorcycle Trike design that would be "Made right here in Detroit" and designed by one of the best hometown companies we have. Well here it is:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The base motorcycle is the Goldwing 1800 and after we complete the prototype we'll start on a version for the Harley FLH

.... these are AWESOMEEEEEEEE. YAASSSSSSSSS.

I've never been big into motorcycles but that looks pretty damn cool.

Love it - especially the blue

If we can keep moving forward and get the kits into production we will be able to employ a few people. Every little bit counts right? And...........the fact that the "Design Team at Roush" did them for us will give us credibility as a serious contender in the Motorcycle/Trike world.

Thanks for your positive comments too. I would love to debut the Prototype to the world at this summers "Woodward Dream Cruise"

I'm also seeking someone to help with the final stages of our project.
    Last edited by MotorCityTrikes; April-01-14 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityTrikes View Post
    If we can keep moving forward and get the kits into production we will be able to employ a few people. Every little bit counts right? And...........the fact that the "Design Team at Roush" did them for us will give us credibility as a serious contender in the Motorcycle/Trike world.

Thanks for your positive comments too. I would love to debut the Prototype to the world at this summers "Woodward Dream Cruise"

I'm also seeking someone to help with the final stages of our project.

What type of help are you seeking?

Need Investment partner. Although we don't need that much to complete the actual road-ready prototype. I was stuck in the slacking economy like many other small Michigan based businesses a year ago when I decided to pursue this and have put most of what I had into it.

I'm not embarrassed to ask for help because it will make Detroit world famous for motorcycle Trikes which are hot and getting hotter and with Roush behind our design and engineering we should get some notice. Check out this article Trikes are a global market not just the U.S. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/02/h...e-trike-japan/

If we hit we'll need people to assemble suspensions, assemble bodies, crate and ship, sales reps, install trainers all kinds of jobs would be possible. And who better than a bunch of Detroiters who know production of vehicles...

Here's a side view

What feature[[s) make your trike significantly different than the rest [[photo below) on the market today?.....you can also purchase a factory built & warrantied trike directly from HD?

What feature[[s) make your trike significantly different than the rest [[photo below) on the market today?.....you can also purchase a factory built & warranted trike directly from HD?

Man where do I start? First I have [[11) years as a Trike installer for most of the top manufacturers I know them and the business in and out. Let's tackle the Harley Trike called the ‘Tri-Glide’ and its factory warranty. The warranty is its strongest selling feature because the Trike kit itself is old technology designed [[15) years ago by Lehman Trikes of Canada. It sports a short wheelbase and solid axle suspension whereas most other manufacturers have moved up to the new and much more comfortable Independent suspensions. The Harley “factory” Trike you mention starts at $32,549.00 but most go well over that and when compared apples to apples theirs is the dinosaur in the room. The warranty is its best feature as I said. That is why MotorCityTrikes will offer an optional warranty to cover bike as well as the Trike portion. No one else does that to date.

Now for how are we different/better? We will offer 5-7 very necessary items as standard equipment that everyone else counts as optional. Believe it or not all other manufacturers count paint as an option how absurd is that? Roush has designed an all new Tour Pack or Top Trunk as some call it. All other Goldwing 1800 kit producers re-use the one from the original motorcycle and they also re-use the taillights from the saddlebags which makes them all look very much the same. We will use unique LED lighting which has a higher visibility from both the rear and the side which bikers/Trikers love this equates to safety. The new tour pack is designed so the passenger sits further back 2” for extra seat, leg and hip room. We will incorporate a Race Tuned “Air Adjustable” Independent rear suspension with a Hi-Performance automotive grade disc brake system.

Continuing......It is the norm for Trike kits to take anywhere from 4-12 weeks to be shipped once the order is placed our goal is 14-21 days. Chrome wheels from everyone else are optional ours will be standard. Then there is our dealer/installer network. In the Trike business there are approx. 250-300 installers just in the U.S. the manufacturers have made it so a very small number of them can make a living at it because there are so many so close to one another. In other words there is no loyalty or support for the dealer. We will have no more than [[40), they will be fully trained and enjoy either an entire state or region of two or three states in which to draw customers. Also each dealer will be a franchise and have a demo unit on hand for customers to see and touch. Right now fewer than 5% have a new demo on hand potential Trikers are forced to buy sight unseen from a brochure.

So all in all our business model is totally different and as far as the Trike itself? Our biggest advantage is ........ it’s designed by Roush and will be Made in Detroit.
    Last edited by MotorCityTrikes; April-04-14 at 02:29 PM.

PS the Blue one you show above is one of the nicer kits available look at this one from a manufacturer down south ..... same old top trunk and Tike body proportions and design I'll leave up to your judgement
    Last edited by MotorCityTrikes; April-04-14 at 02:39 PM.