Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Mark as Read

Default Mark as Read

I've posted this on two other forums and only MIRepublic responded, and he's having the same problem. Is any one else having this problem? Or do the rest of you just deal with it? I'd like to know one way or the other.

I'm reposting this here because I don't think this was getting read down in the 'how to' forum.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MIRepublic
    On other boards I belong to, when I log in, it only marks as read the posts I'd read from my previous log in, if that makes any sense. Can I do that on this board? It seems that when I log in, all of the posts are already marked as read and only appear to update after my log in instead of before.

May 2, 2009

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maxine1958
    I'm experiencing something similar I think.

Quote:
    The first time I come to the forum, it shows acurately which threads I've read and acurately takes me to the first entry that I haven't read.

This works fine as long as I am actively using the forum. If I go off to do something else, like actual work lol, when I return to the same open window, many of the threads will be marked as read and clicking on the 'first unread' link in the thread takes me to the last entry, not necessarily the 'first' one I haven't read. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

May 8, 2009

Quote:
    I need to bump this thread. Or maybe email Lowell. Twice today the site 'refreshed' if you will. Only because I talked to someone who posted on a thread that knew I would be interested did I realize I'd missed the thread completely. Most days I watch for this and it usually happens around lunch time. Today it happened again sometime between 2 and 4 pm. Is there some setting we need to reset?

Quote:

Help!

June 18, 2009

Bearinabox Guest

Yeah, I have this problem, or something like it. Whether a given thread is marked as "read" or not seems to be completely arbitrary, and I've often refreshed the site after posting in a thread to find that every thread is now marked as "read." Basically, I deal with it by spending less time on DY and more time doing other things.

It seems like if I click the links at the top of the page,[[Discuss Detroit, Connections or non-Detroit)the page refreshes properly. If I use the DetroitYES - Celebrating the International Family of Communites of Greater Detroit & Windsor at the bottom of the page to return to the thread listing, everything appears unread.

Thanks for letting me know it's not just me.

I tend to open a window for this site and bounce in and out as time permits throughout my day. Having to try to remember what I've read and what I haven't often proves to be more work than my old brain can handle. <sigh> I suppose I'll survive.

Thanks again for posting. I appreciate the info.