Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Cannabis Cures Cancer

So, doubters...here is a story that might open you up some.

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/03/...-cannabis.html

Some may remember I've an industry acquaintance who got his father-in-law to finally try the Rick Simpson Oil method of attacking cancer, after the doctors told him he had days to live.

As far as I know, the guy is still alive, many years later. I'll have to follow up, but he had lesions on three sides of his brain...lost >70% of his lung capacity...and the cancer had fully invaded his lymph system. As most of you know, that is the last stage where the medical industry gives up all hope.

Within a few months using the Rick Simpson method, the lesions were gone and his lymph system fully clear...and he actually got more than half of his breathing capacity back.

So, again, if you really think the FDA and DEA have your best interest in mind...please reconsider.

Cheers!

here is a more recent peer-reviewed article

http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/356446

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    here is a more recent peer-reviewed article

http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/356446
    Wow.

I cannot believe they allowed the parents to use "an outside source" for their holistic medicine...but am also amazed at the use of four strains, and the different results.

At what point can this be used to downgrade Cannabis, otherwise known by its derogatory-nickname Marijuana, from the top schedule of restricted substances per the delusional and senile old DEA?!

per a Justice Department website:
    Drug Schedules
    Drugs, substances, and certain chemicals used to make drugs are classified into five [[5) distinct categories or schedules depending upon the drug’s acceptable medical use and the drug’s abuse or dependency potential. The abuse rate is a determinate factor in the scheduling of the drug; for example, Schedule I drugs are considered the most dangerous class of drugs with a high potential for abuse and potentially severe psychological and/or physical dependence. As the drug schedule changes-- Schedule II, Schedule III, etc., so does the abuse potential-- Schedule V drugs represents the least potential for abuse. A Listing of drugs and their schedule are located at Controlled Substance Act [[CSA) Scheduling or CSA Scheduling by Alphabetical Order. These lists describes the basic or parent chemical and do not necessarily describe the salts, isomers and salts of isomers, esters, ethers and derivatives which may also be classified as controlled substances. These lists are intended as general references and are not comprehensive listings of all controlled substances.

Please note that a substance need not be listed as a controlled substance to be treated as a Schedule I substance for criminal prosecution. A controlled substance analogue is a substance which is intended for human consumption and is structurally or pharmacologically substantially similar to or is represented as being similar to a Schedule I or Schedule II substance and is not an approved medication in the United States. [[See 21 U.S.C. §802[[32)[[A) for the definition of a controlled substance analogue and 21 U.S.C. §813 for the schedule.)

Schedule I
    Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:
    heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide [[LSD), marijuana [[cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine [[ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote
    Schedule II
    Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, less abuse potential than Schedule I drugs, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:
    cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone [[Dilaudid), meperidine [[Demerol), oxycodone [[OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin
    Schedule III
    Schedule III drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence. Schedule III drugs abuse potential is less than Schedule I and Schedule II drugs but more than Schedule IV. Some examples of Schedule III drugs are:
    Combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit [[Vicodin), Products containing less than 90 milligrams of codeine per dosage unit [[Tylenol with codeine), ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone
    Schedule IV
    Schedule IV drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence. Some examples of Schedule IV drugs are:
    Xanax, Soma, Darvon, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan, Talwin, Ambien Schedule V
    Schedule V drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with lower potential for abuse than Schedule IV and consist of preparations containing limited quantities of certain narcotics. Schedule V drugs are generally used for antidiarrheal, antitussive, and analgesic purposes. Some examples of Schedule V drugs are:
    cough preparations with less than 200 milligrams of codeine or per 100 milliliters [[Robitussin AC), Lomotil, Motofen, Lyrica, Parepectolin
    It appears that the Controlled Substances Act needs to be repealed...and its baby the DEA put out of our misery.

Cheers

Posted 03/22/14: Pro-marijuana group targets Utica
    Marijuana proponents are gearing up to get pot decriminalization proposals on ballots in about a dozen cities statewide this year, including one in Macomb County....

[Tim Beck, co-founder of Safer Michigan], a Detroit resident and retired executive, said his group plans to announce April 2 all the cities it will target.

One of those believed to be on the list is Utica.
    There have been several quiet-but-conspicuous changes in Utica over the last few years that would be consistant with the theory that this reform has been anticipated.

A BDT headshop opened in downtown Utica a few years ago. A HydroPros Indoor Garden Supply opened, moved and reopened not long ago. Unusual infrastructure investments have been targeted toward improving recreational bicycle/canoe amenities in Utica.

I don't think I'm spilling the beans but I would cheer for an unpretentious Utica to prosper by leading the headstart in the upcoming cannibus goldrush.

The writing's on the wall.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-31-14 at 08:53 PM.

Cannabis Cures Cancer
    OK so if hemp oil cures cancer, let's legalize it in that form, but make smokable marijuana continue to be illegal, because smoking is bad for the lungs. I can get behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    OK so if hemp oil cures cancer, let's legalize it in that form, but make smokable marijuana continue to be illegal, because smoking is bad for the lungs. I can get behind that.
    Well, cannabis is also one of the most efficient expectorants, so the lungs don't suffer the same damage as cigarettes.

I don't see how a partial legalization is anything to pursue. If cannabis has ANY potential medical use, it needs to be removed from the DEA's Scheduling. Period. Full Legalization is the only acceptable eventuality.

Many who use it for asthma and seizure treatments ingest it smoked for the inflammation reduction and nearly immediate positive nervous system effects.

Papa, it is important to not let ignorance dictate policy. Since many are unaware of the WHOLE body of data, as it has been truncated by horrible and misguided official laws and beyond, perhaps it is best to just sit this one out and watch as the truth is revealed around you.

And be horrified that those in power kept this wonderful natural herb from the public, worldwide [[mostly by treaty). THEY are the evil ones, legislating Mother Nature's Most Amusing Analgesic from the marketplace...while imprisoning generations of those who knew they were lying about it.

Time for the Gateway Lie to die.

Sincerely,
    John

The research has been inconsistent, because the medical industry has not been thorough about checking the wide varieties of strains. If you read Rb's article, they used four strains and got different results against one form of cancer.

If it were totally legalized, then research could be done to learn what forms of this marvelous plant do what for us. So far with my studies, it has all been positive, the ONLY negatives I've seen are the LIES from the government-approved sources. Curious, that.

I know my thread title was broad and blatant. It was meant to be a spark for conversation...inflammatory, as it were, heh.

It makes me wonder if there were ever actually a panacea, would we be capable of recognizing it as a reality?
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-30-14 at 10:43 PM.

From today's Free Press: Marijuana questions head for city ballots
    Last week, volunteers submitted stacks of signed petitions in Frankfort, Huntington Woods, Mt. Pleasant, Pleasant Ridge and Utica; in prior weeks, they did so in Berkley, Grosse Pointe Park, Harrison, Hazel Park, Lapeer, Montrose, Oak Park, Onaway and Saginaw, said leaders of the nonprofit Safer Michigan Coalition, which coordinated the petition drives around Michigan.

The group planned to submit petitions signatures for Port Huron, East Lansing and Portage on Tuesday, the deadline for filing ballot petitions.
    ♪ And the beat goes on. ♪

Today I did a double-take at CVS. In their nutrition bar section there was a innocent-looking package labeled "Hemp bars." Sure enough one of the ingredients was hulled hemp. I'm sure it wasn't psychoactive but I thought all species of cannabis were illegal. I must be mistaken.

No, I didn't buy it although it looked pretty tasty.