Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Now & Then - Detroiturbex

http://detroiturbex.com/content/ba/feat/

An interactive look at the growth, decline, and revival of the city of Detroit through historic and present-day pictures.

I've seen a decent amount of before and after pictures of various locations around the city, but none quite like these. Makes me think Detroit is and has been more dynamic of a city than even NYC. Obviously in both good and bad ways.

Excellent pictures, presented in a unique before and after format…Thank you for posting and I enjoy the pics. There is optimism as well, the last group of photos is titled Revival.

It appears that a lot of work went into these pictures. Very informative and insightful. I really enjoyed them, thanks.

Excellent thread...

Fantastic job!!!!!

My word, what an excellet site! Thank you for sharing it. I couldn't stop until I had read every single page in its entirety.

yea... great job and interesting twist. folks are so creative!

wish they'd include before/after of State Fairgrounds.

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing =)

A few of those photos really show the loss of homes in the lower east-side neighborhood between Jefferson/St Jean and Mack/Alter Rd. Its like Berlin in 1945!

At first I was skeptical but the pictures do make me feel cautiously optimistic.

Name:  IMG_7365.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  85.6 KB

I was able to get the same vantage point from a Shorpy picture almost 100 years after the original date.

The site is AWESOME!

Big thanks for posting.......

Excellent site. Thanks for the link AM.

People here berated me when I mentioned I hired Detroiturbex for a day to accompany me on a city tour including abandoned sites. Hopefully this new work of his will help explain it. He knows the city well and can give historical context into what you are seeing. I wouldn't have have got nearly as much out of my visit to Detroit without his knowledge and expertise.