Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's family downsizes to smaller home in Arlington

Times are tough in Texas

Two different articles, here's #1
    http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/03/ex-detroit_mayor_kwame_kilpatr_44.html

sorry, the link above doesn't seem to be working?

here's #2
    Carlita Kilpatrick downsizes from big Texas mansions to rental

Imprisoned ex-Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's wife now rents a home in Arlington, Texas

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/i...ental/25197202
    Last edited by Vic01; March-30-14 at 02:56 AM.

There is another story embedded on link #2 [[complete with video) of Carlita trying to explain how and why there is $300.00 in cash, in her desk – she was terminated from her 40,000.00 a year job because of this incident.

What is her source of income? Are the children still in private schools? Why are taxpayers paying for lawyers for thug KK while his wife has money for a 3000 sq. ft. Home?

My... hasn't she gone from "Petite to Juno-esque"...

Nicer abode than mine, and I work my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    My... hasn't she gone from "Petite to Juno-esque"...
    The house got downsized while she's getting jumbo-sized
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; March-31-14 at 12:13 PM.

Hell...she's getting a deal. $1,300 per month for 3,000 sq feet. They charge that for some apartments or townhouses not nearly as big. Houses that size rent for $2,000 to 2,500 per month here depending on the area.

Carlita was NEVER small, but I'm sure those Texas sized portions didn't help.

Stealing money away from children - where is justice? The former Detroit mayor since has sent to prison for 28 years on convictions including racketeering. His wife Carlita's name surfaced at trial for taking $100,000 for a school program which was never implemented. Money was also missing at the gym she worked at [[Duncanville, Texas). Police found the cash in Carlita's desk drawer, she was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Stealing money away from children - where is justice? The former Detroit mayor since has sent to prison for 28 years on convictions including racketeering. His wife Carlita's name surfaced at trial for taking $100,000 for a school program which was never implemented. Money was also missing at the gym she worked at [[Duncanville, Texas). Police found the cash in Carlita's desk drawer, she was fired.
    I'm as much a kilpatrick hater as anyone, but that Carlita stuff seemed like some petty, trumped up bullpucky...and that makes it even better!

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    What is her source of income? Are the children still in private schools? Why are taxpayers paying for lawyers for thug KK while his wife has money for a 3000 sq. ft. Home?
    For the same reason the taxpayers paid for Mrs. Conyers' attorneys... there is no requirement the spouse contribute funds.
    The initial determination of eligibility should be made without regard to the financial ability of the person’s family, unless the family indicates willingness and financial ability to retain counsel promptly.”
    Last edited by bailey; March-31-14 at 12:16 PM.

Carlita will be dirt poor and on welfare checks in the couple years.

From Carlita's Facebook

Name:  f.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  6.3 KB