Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Indeed. And we're all taking a hit while they all parse, ramble and justify......
    Look at the positive side. We get entertained while we're getting robbed blind. Politicians can at least provide us that, right?

Attack on Gov. Rick Snyder [[R), MI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay3_rmu-c9U

Default Gil Fulbright; the honest senate candidate of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    http://youtu.be/wz_V4lRdtjo
    Wow. That is hands down the best ad in this thread. And more than that, the most honest. Good find!

A little late.

A little petty.

A lot nasty.

Funny though.

To all the candidates: please take down your @#$% primary election signs. Thank you.

NRCC Launches Fake News Sites to Attack Democratic Candidates: The House GOP campaign arm, previously criticized for phony Democratic candidate sites, is now in the faux-news game
    The National Republican Congressional Committee, which came under fire earlier this year for a deceptive series of fake Democratic candidate websites that it later changed after public outcry, has launched a new set of deceptive websites, this time designed to look like local news sources.

The NRCC has created about two dozen of these new faux news sites targeting Democrats, both challengers and incumbents, and is promoting them across the country with localized Google search ads.

The NRCC's single-page sites are designed to appear to be a local news portal, with logos like "North County Update" or "Central Valley Update." The articles begin in the impartial voice of a political fact-checking site, hoping to lure in readers. "We'll take a look at her record and let you decide," starts one. Then they gradually morph into more biting language. At the very bottom, in a box, is the disclaimer that the NRCC paid for the site....

Political strategists on both sides of the aisle say voters have generally grown weary and dubious of political attacks that are accompanied by dark clouds and ominous music. Wrapping an attack in the innocuous language of fact-checking, then, makes it more likely to sink in....

Democrats say it's telling that Republicans are repeatedly resorting to deceptive tactics to push their political agenda. "These sites say more about the NRCC's own toxicity and desperation than anything else," said Ryan Rudominer, a Democratic strategist who previously worked for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee....

Under public pressure, the NRCC changed the design of [the look-alike Democratic sites] to make it clearer that contributors were sending their money to the House GOP campaign arm and not the Democratic candidates whose pictures appeared on the page....
    Voter beware!

I just wish my phone would stop ringing with pollsters and opinion polls. I do mail back the business reply envelopes [[empty) from both parties. It's annoying enough with Rachel from Cardholder Services bothering me 3 or 4 times a week without these assclowns chiming in.

@brizee - Extremely funny ads.

@Pam - It would be nice if politicians cleaned up their mess after they got through with their *litter* err, I mean campaign signs.

@Jimaz - No level is too low for a politician or political group to stoop to in order to try to get elected.

@lpg - We need your opinion. Between an STD and Congress, with would you rather deal with?

To the rest of you guys, you have been slipping lately. Okay, I have some fresh new political ads for you. Enjoy!

Candidate: Mike Obermueller [[D)
    Office: Congress
    Ad:

Candidate: Rob Maness [[R)
    Office: Senate
    Ad:

Candidate: National Republican Congressional Committee [[NRCC)
    Vs: Congressman John Barrow [[D)
    Ad:

Candidate: Dan Sullivan [[R)
    Ad:

Candidate: Mark Pryor [[D)
    vs.: Senatorial Candidate Tom Cotton [[R)
    Ad:

Candidate: Mark Pryor [[D)
    Ad:

I saw this scary Big Head Snyder ad a bunch of times the other day. I wonder if they electronically changed his voice? It sounds different.

http://youtu.be/x_y0LojzywU

Meanwhile, the Free Press asks, why no debates?

http://www.freep.com/article/2014090...higan-election

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I saw this scary Big Head Snyder ad a bunch of times the other day. I wonder if they electronically changed his voice? It sounds different....
    It sure does. His voice sounds noticeable deeper in that ad than in real life.

Actually, with all the money poured into political ads nowadays, I'd be very surprised to find one that didn't polish ever single little micro fleck of the candidate's image. It's kind of unnerving.

Snyder ad analyzed:
    http://www.eclectablog.com/2014/09/r...ral-funds.html

In that video, Snyder appears in a t-shirt in front of a hilly, tree-lined road in perfect condition talking about “the Road to Recovery”, a sharp contrast to the actual pothole-ridden roads Michiganders must navigate each day thanks to inaction by our Republican-led legislature.

MIRS news service has discovered that the road in the video is Intertown Road in Emmet County at the intersection with Resort Pike Road. As it turns out, that road was completely overhauled four years ago during the administration of Democratic Governor Jennifer Granholm, presumably using Stimulus funds, before Rick Snyder was elected as governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Thanks for the link. Another good bookmark!

Default Jon Stewart's Story: How the Fake Newsman Won Over America

Total duration 25 minutes:
    Oct. 22 [[Bloomberg) -- BLOOMBERG GAME CHANGERS profiles Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz, now Jon Stewart, from his New Jersey boyhood through the standard struggle of the stand-up comedian - part time jobs and late night gigs at New York's comedy clubs. It will shine a spotlight on his early television shows and movies, including rare video from his early career, to show his transformation into the dominant American commentator of our time. [[Source: Bloomberg)

Who calls out B.S. better? Another anti-political-ad ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    @brizee - Extremely funny ads.

@Pam - It would be nice if politicians cleaned up their mess after they got through with their *litter* err, I mean campaign signs.

@Jimaz - No level is too low for a politician or political group to stoop to in order to try to get elected.

@lpg - We need your opinion. Between an STD and Congress, with would you rather deal with?

To the rest of you guys, you have been slipping lately. Okay, I have some fresh new political ads for you. Enjoy!
    Took me this long to make up my mind. An STD.

Default An Honest Candidate: Rep. Richard Martin [[OH-19?)

Rep. Martin talks the issues. And some other random thoughts. On Citizens United: "I've always been for openness of government, particularly when it's between corporate contributions and political campaign coffers."

Irony alert: Today, I was watching the Fox News Channel [[just before their 9/11 special report) at 8:45 AM and I saw an anti-Gary Peters and and right now I'm watching clips of amateur World Trade Center attack videos on the History Channel and I just saw a pro-Peters ad!

Default KOCH BROTHERS EXPOSED: 2014 EDITION [Full Film]

Link repair, total duration 56 minutes:
    I hope you’re ready for a wild ride. Billionaires David and Charles Koch have been handed the ability to buy our democracy in the form of giant checks to the House, Senate, and soon, possibly even the Presidency. The last time we exposed the Koch Brothers' dealings to the world we here at Brave New Films wound up in their crosshairs. They produced online ad campaigns attacking us, but, it takes more than a banner ad to slow us down.

We've reissued Koch Brothers Exposed in an updated version, Koch Brothers Exposed: 2014 Edition, to shine a light on them. We've delved even deeper into where their money is going, who their money is hurting, and how much they are making during this whole process leading up to the 2014 Elections.

Two years ago when we made this film very few people knew who the Koch Brothers were or what the Koch Brothers were doing. But now, we so strongly believe that everyone should know what is happening that with your help and donations we are able to offer the film for free. We want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to see the truth.

ITS ELECTION YEAR AGAIN!

Better not make a move on immigration, as promised in the 2012 Presidential election. It might offend someone and hurt chances in 2014 if someone actually tries to fix our Immigration system! After all, People < Politics.

I'm no longer surprised that there wasn't even a tacit attempt at concealing the postponement as anything but politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Candidate: Mike Obermueller [[D)
    Office: Congress
    Ad:

Candidate: Rob Maness [[R)
    Ad:
    Funny thing about the top one is that insurance costs more than it ever has under Obamacare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast