Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default It's Election Year Again

Well, not the presidential election year. That, as you've heard, isn't until 2016. The next presidential election looks to be shaping up to be a fun and exciting campaign year too. Unlike 2012, there will be both a Republican and Democrat primary, lots of campaign ads flying around from all sides, and for the boning the average American takes up the backside from the government, we should all be thoroughly entertained.

But until then, we have congressional and senatorial campaigns going on this year. And guess what? Here is where you get to post their campaign ads.

Found something funny, controversial, thought provoking, or just something you agree with? Post it here.

Hey, why should the politicians have all the fun? We're the ones footing the bill.
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; March-29-14 at 03:13 AM.

Let's get the party started. I'll go first, with this beautiful gem of a campaign ad:

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Let's get the party started. I'll go first, with this beautiful gem of a campaign ad:

That is just great.

Locally though what is up with the fucking WEIRD Snyder reelection ads?

Why does this feel like a gross dating video? [[To be fair he IS fucking poor people and black voters dry).

Now I have no delusions about Snyder being unseated. He's gonna cruise to a second term. But it's funny that he's attacking an unknown relative peasant more than half a year out.

And the repeating of the statements just said was weird.

Also interesting that they're still going with angry old white people screeching about "MY MONEY!!!!"

Good additions Brizee.

Here are a couple more. It appears Iowa's Senate race is heating up.

I'm starting to believe Snyder actually wants to go back to being a civilian but doesn't want to look like a quitter.

Tell me that isn't a parody!?!

The actress couldn't even keep a straight face at end.

They did fix the exclusively white and old thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    I'm starting to believe Snyder actually wants to go back to being a civilian but doesn't want to look like a quitter.

Only one of those ads is actually from Snyder's campaign. That's the problem with political ads nowadays. There are so many "think tanks", PAC's and other groups out there it's tough to tell who is saying what.

It may not be a presidential election year, but the competition is still heating up and giving us plenty of good campaign ads to ponder.

Witness these:
    Winteregg attack ad against Boehner:

Matt Miller for Congress:

Continued:

Dwayne Stovall attack ad against John Cornyn:

Mitch McConnell for Senate:

Continued:
    Create Your Own American Dream Ads:

Conclusion:
    John Oliver Parady Ads:

Matt Rosendale for Congress:

Kind of low to use your deceased grandmother for sympathy votes, but I'll let you decide.

Alison Lundergan Grimes for Senate:

I don't think she is playing the sympathy card

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I don't think she is playing the sympathy card
    Very well then.

Next up:

Curt Clawson for Congress:

Vincent Sheheen Protects Crimals, Not South Carolina:
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; April-22-14 at 06:17 PM.

Gary Johnson former New Mexico Governor [[R) and Libertarian Party Presidential candidate advocating third parties be allowed in debates.

<br>

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Gary Johnson former New Mexico Governor [[R) and Libertarian Party Presidential candidate advocating third parties be allowed in debates.
    While I don't agree with a lot of the Libertarian platform, it is a travesty to have third parties denied from being able to participate in presidential debates. Let all ideas be heard and may the voters pick the best of them.

Until then, another campaign ad...

Steve Laffey for Congress:

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    While I don't agree with a lot of the Libertarian platform, it is a travesty to have third parties denied from being able to participate in presidential debates. Let all ideas be heard and may the voters pick the best of them.
    The USA is about the good ol' boys fighting it out. Democrats and Republicans, both thieves and lairs who care very little about the people they represent, pushing propaganda machines via talk radio and media, overpower anyone with genuine motives to fix the country.

Even if some 3rd party candidate somehow got elected, they would be knocked off fairly quickly if they dare defy the Federal Reserve System, big business, the Illuminati, the war machine, and the underbelly powers that control the purse strings.

This country is stuck in a spiral it created and the only thing that could fix it is a reboot so massive and so deep it would rock the lives of everyone in it.

In the meantime, we sit back and watch the campaigning circus while nothing is fixed.

Col. Rob Maness for Louisiana Senator:

David Perdue for Georgia Senate:

vs.

Jack Kingston for Georgia Senate:

Mary Landrieu for Louisiana Senate. She even drags her dad in for this one:

And Part 2:

Danish EU get out the vote ad designed for getting out the youth vote staring Voteman.

More of an anti-ad campaign, nonetheless, this belongs here.

Total duration 56 minutes:
    Attachment 23576
    KOCH BROTHERS EXPOSED: 2014 EDITION [Full Film]

Last edited by Jimaz; May-24-14 at 11:25 PM.

Alaska Sen. Mark Begich takes a hit over VA scandal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDUYIFknJoA

Georgia Sen. Jason Carter [[Grandson of Jimmy Carter) takes hit over Obamacare:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXTWHQSj4Mw
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; May-30-14 at 06:13 AM.

Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor [[D) takes a hit over Obamacare:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHXks5Qjwc

Indeed. And we're all taking a hit while they all parse, ramble and justify......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast