Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Who's estate is this?

I swear it almost sounds like they're selling architectural features. Leaded-glass windows?

wow....

lots of stuff. surely it didnt all sell last week. there would have to be another showing or three id think!

anymore info on this house?

This was the home of one of the Fisher brothers [[can't remember which one)... which later became the residence of John Cardinal Dearden, later yet Piston John Salley... and ??? since then.

My bad... this is 1771 Balmoral... not 1880 Wellesley... another [[even larger) Fisher mansion that was home to Detroit's Bishops/Archbishops. The 2 mansions are only about 1000 ft. away from each other... on different streets.
    Last edited by Gistok; March-29-14 at 07:48 PM.

This was the original home of Alfred J Fisher. It is next door to the lot where William A Fisher's home once stood in Palmer Woods before it burned down in 1994.

The home has been under the ownership of George Michaels & his wife for about 30 years. The contents for sale are the furniture, pieces & collection of the Michaels family. They are not selling any architectural features of the house itself.

The home is also up for sale for $1.2 Million as the Michaels are moving.

I got on the guest list for the sale last week & my time slot was on Sunday. Small furniture items were price from $400 & up, with most items in the thousands. If you looked at the photos, that beautifully carved China Cabinet [[they call it a bookcase) is priced at $24,000.
    Last edited by YourCorner; March-31-14 at 08:48 AM.