Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Old Detroit Photo Slideshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdcu...&feature=share

There photos from the 50s thru the 80s [[my guess). Some are familiar. Others aren't. It runs about 7 mins. Enjoy.

Wow, that's great! It's been a long time since I've seen the ice cream man. Very well done. Thanks.

Very Nice!

Total duration 57 minutes: Henry Ford The Road to Happiness PBS Nova

Enjoyed that immensely! Some old things I recognize, and some things I don't. What strikes me is that the older pictures [[1950's & 60's) everyone looked quasi dressed up. Women in neat dresses, men in shirts, ties & hats. I am all about casual comfort. but there is something to be said for making yourself look to present to the world. I really wanna drink some Vernor's now. Too bad I don't drink soda anymore.

That was an awesome video. I remember eating at Top Hat restaurant as child. I remember shopping at Hudsons and Kresge with my mom, always leaving with a Slush Puppy from the basement. I didn't realize the
    Spirit of Detroit wasn't always there.
    The abundance of movie theatres
    At Eastland Mall was cool growing up. There were three or four of them, one inside the mall near the old food court[[no Burlington Coats), one in the parking lot, and one across Moross [[there was another somewhere near).
    Waiting on the streetcars was always a joy growing up, even though by my time there were not many left.
    I would take the old Detroit over what we are stuck with now anyday of the week. Seeing the city burn and turn into this slightly rebounding apocalyptic eyesore it is now hurts my heart cause Detroit will never be what it was before, only a cheap and smaller city made of of buildings with no character.
    The diversity was great back then, I know there were race issues, but there are race issues now

Excellent I recognized almost everything. Thanks!!

Hey Bill I posted this same video on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdcu...&feature=share

There photos from the 50s thru the 80s [[my guess). Some are familiar. Others aren't. It runs about 7 mins. Enjoy.
    Tks for the note Jackie I should look before I leap. I deleted my post

My heart belongs to old Detroit! Thinking about shopping at Northland, eating Maurice Salads and Shrimp Salad sandwiches on Cheese Toast at J.L. Hudsons. Oh, the beautiful tree lined streets, friendly neighbors, playing Rain on the Roof outside. Thanks for the memories!

Nice, but now I miss Milroy's Fish & Chips, strawberry meringue pie for dessert, a lot.