Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Nain Rouge Parade Sunday March 23rd

I like this, and love that the Nain Rouge myth is being played with. I don't remember much being said about this particular devil though from when I was a kid - is there a direct tie between the myth of the Nain Rouge and the origins of Devil's night? I had thought that Devil's night was everywhere but have come to realize that it is just a Detroit and SE Michigan phenomenon. Not sure whether Nain Rouge was something that has been picked up by the hipsters as an excuse to have a party [[love that), or whether other people in Detroit knew about the Nain Rouge as a local myth and I just somehow missed it.

Despite the obvious problems, Detroit has such a fantastic history.

He lives and is real.

I just wish it wasn't in a cold month.

The Nain Rouge Parade is a Mardi Gras of Detroit. Cool, Jazzy and hip!!! It's Detroit's way to chase the devil of out city.

Next year it should be in Rouge Park and travel from the Park Joy Bar to the Rouge Bar. They can pick up the carcasses of dead pitbulls found along the way and have a bonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Next year it should be in Rouge Park and travel from the Park Joy Bar to the Rouge Bar. They can pick up the carcasses of dead pitbulls found along the way and have a bonfire.
    And a cookout.....

They should have that float in the Thanksgiving parade. One of the coolest I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    And a cookout.....
    Hot dogs for everyone!

Default spooky

I saw him ounce up a pole during a ice strom