Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Conyers got ex-con brother city job

Monica gets her violent ex con brother a city job , then denies she did it , or that he is even her brother..
    Another sap in the family tree.

http://detnews.com/article/20090403/...other+city+job

Default She's unstable

Is anyone scared for John Conyers? Did she bully him in to marrying her to squelch persistent rumors of his homosexuality? Why would he marry a woman with such an ugly temperment? He seems so soft-spoken and well-behaved to put up with that. Did Kwame threaten to out him to get her to flip and support him? Someone needs to do some digging here.

Whats there to dig? Its his personal life. He clearly made a huge mistake, but theyve got kids and she stays back in Michigan taking care of them while he is back in D.C.

Too bad they're gonna grow up to be as ghetto as she is though.

Whats all this talk of John being gay???

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lonyo exit View Post
    Too bad they're gonna grow up to be as ghetto as she is though.
    And probably hold public office.

The gay talk has been around since the sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonyo exit View Post
    The gay talk has been around since the sixties.
    Has Monica???

I'm not interested in his personal life. If he is gay, I think it's sad that he thought he had to marry such a monster to keep it quiet. He could have gone the Barney Frank route. But if that information has been leveraged to her benefit, and used by others to manipulate her, then that angle of it should be investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by middetres View Post
    I'm not interested in his personal life. If he is gay, I think it's sad that he thought he had to marry such a monster to keep it quiet. He could have gone the Barney Frank route. But if that information has been leveraged to her benefit, and used by others to manipulate her, then that angle of it should be investigated.
    Or maybe, perhaps she's the one using it for leverage?

This is revolting. It's one thing to try to get your brother a job. It's quite another to submit a resume that you know to be completely inaccurate. I'm not not talking white lies here, the dude was in prison for YEARS that he claimed to have a relevant job.

I'm not sure how she thinks she can lie about it being her brother either.

This just in...She's NOW admitting he is her brother. Gee, thanks sis!

http://detnews.com/article/20090403/...er+denying+him

What's sad besides Conyers lying about her brother being her brother was that she used her position to get her brother a job and he couldn't hold on to the position. A deadbeat will stay a deadbeat no matter how much help they get.

CONVICTS FOR CONYERS!!!....that's the type of PR you can't put a price tag on.

Conyers was just meeting with residents at a apartment building downtown that will remain nameless. For some reason, she spent the time talking about how Sheila Cockrel hasn't done anything for Detroit, and challenged the residents to think of one thing she has done. There were only about 15 people at this forum, no media.

First Monica's actions used to make me Then her actions used to make me
    Now they make me at the people who voted her into office.

The woman has lied, perjured herself, used her influence to get family jobs that they were not qualified for, played the race card...

Heck...she would make a great mayor to follow in KK's mold.

I've said it before and I will say it again. The ONLY thing that will fix the crooked politics in Detroit is having the governor place the city in receivership; basically taking the power from the mayor AND council and with great hope that when the city is turned back over to the citizen to vote in a new mayor and council that 1) qualified people run for the position and 2) the citizens vote for the people based on qualification vs name recognition.

I understand that is simplier said than done, but until the city has a qualified mayor and a qualified council the city will continue to flounder...

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Quote Originally Posted by detroiterinspirit View Post
    First Monica's actions used to make me Then her actions used to make me
    Now they make me at the people who voted her into office.

The woman has lied, perjured herself, used her influence to get family jobs that they were not qualified for, played the race card...

Heck...she would make a great mayor to follow in KK's mold.

I've said it before and I will say it again. The ONLY thing that will fix the crooked politics in Detroit is having the governor place the city in receivership; basically taking the power from the mayor AND council and with great hope that when the city is turned back over to the citizen to vote in a new mayor and council that 1) qualified people run for the position and 2) the citizens vote for the people based on qualification vs name recognition.

I understand that is simplier said than done, but until the city has a qualified mayor and a qualified council the city will continue to flounder...
    I guess our Governor's gonna have to start "Micro-Managing" the city until it gets it act together. Thankfully I didn't vote for none of them jokers, so I ain't 'pressed 'bout it, and really don't give a [[daggone) about 'em!

*Angry black man in the 'hood fed up with the BS!

Back to the drawing board, I guess...

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Moetown View Post
    Monica gets her violent ex con brother a city job , then denies she did it , or that he is even her brother..
    Another sap in the family tree.

http://detnews.com/article/20090403/...other+city+job
    Can you imagine holiday dinners around the Estes table? Good Lord!

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis...cNumber=348423

The State of Michigan OTIS [[Offender Tracking and Information System shows dear Mr Reginald Esters in full glory. Quite a gentleman I must say. MonCon will try the Jewel Ware spin of referring to her brother as being an advocate for main-streaming offenders back into useful society, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Can you imagine holiday dinners around the Estes table? Good Lord!

I would not want to be in da house with them , but if they made it a pay per view event, count me in...

Have we not found enough foul play yet to kick this woman off the clowncil, I am amazed that people are not organizing recall petitions against here.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman0077 View Post
    Have we not found enough foul play yet to kick this woman off the clowncil, I am amazed that people are not organizing recall petitions against here.
    At this point a recall election would be expensive and counterproductive. We are so close to the August primary just let this play out until then. I'm beting she won't make it past the primary must less the Nov. general. If by chance she does, then fire away and make room for me in the suburbs cause I'll be joining you.

I think that she has a good chance of being reelected. I hope that I am proven wrong.

The sad part is that the city has no rules against hiring felons. It's one thing, a common corrupt act, to hire a brother, but it's another to hire an ex-con who has a violent past and in his last job he never showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    I think that she has a good chance of being reelected. I hope that I am proven wrong.
    http://www.detroitmi.gov/Portals/0/d...20official.PDF

There's not a huge difference in the vote totals between the 2nd spot [[Monica Conyers 7.48%) and the 10 spot which got 5.3%. I could see her getting pushed off the other end this November. I can see her being involved in at least dozen more **** ups between now and November so that will probably help.
    Last edited by rjk; April-05-09 at 04:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast