Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default WSJ Article on Detroit Buses

Good article. More concise and fact filled than pertinent articles in the News or Free Press.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/..._WSJ_US_News_5

Concise, fact filled.....a paints a bleak picture. I hope the new administration can begin to turn this around.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Concise, fact filled.....a paints a bleak picture. I hope the new administration can begin to turn this around.
    Well, it does paint a bleak picture, but it's accurate. Improving the system needs to start with knowing specifically what the problems are. I have a hunch Mike Duggan understands what a life-improving and citywide benefit a successful revamping of the bus system would be. The article also makes clear that there are specific issues. It's not an unfixable morass; it is a challenging set of specific problems, requiring more money, yes, but also a different set of management principles. Better maintenance of current equipment is achievable and would improve frequency of service and overcrowding.