Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default These kids have gone viral!

Their school Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences have been bombarded with calls!! And have been in contact with morning talk shows!
    http://www.freep.com/article/2014031...ES01/303190043

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bhfu1KnKjM

I tried to imbed it but couldn't figure it out!
    Last edited by getmoore; March-19-14 at 05:34 AM. Reason: imbedding didn't work.

Sweet and inspiring!

With all the talk of blight and indifference to suffering etc, on this forum about Detroit; it seems to me there are many good stories to every bad one that appear on here. Detroit is a treasure trove of musical and performing talent, kids just need the outlet that folks like Berry Gordy managed to promote in another age. It is nice to think that these kids may end up scientists with a strong foundation in artistic expression too.

When I talk to people around the country about Detroit, they have images embedded by our mass media. Vacant lots. Burnt homes. Desperation.

I hope people around the country see this and ask themselves why the national media is so wrong about Detroit -- or should I say so selective in just showing only blight.

Detroit is so much more. Congrats to the kids and their fine school and the cool uniforms that remind me of my time in grade school. Except I couldn't sing.

Ditto all of the above.

What an inspiring and positive group of kids!

Wow! The kids are great.