Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default On Georgia Street - check it out!

Thanks to Zak Rosen for his great story about the Georgia Street Community Collective in WDET. Here's a link to the story, with pictures. It is supposed to be rebroadcast at 2:08 pm today.

On Georgia Street

I thought it was well done...and the quote from that one woman VERY telling.

She admitted that she had no remorse in un-managed neighborhoods about tossing her McDonald's bag out the window...but on Georgia Street she couldn't because they obviously put work into cleaning it.

Very curious...conditional littering...speaks directly into the Broken Windows theory...

Thats not what she meant lol. She was say saying that people would ride through used and throw their Mcdonald's bag out their car window and hopefully they see we are trying to keep the area clean they wont do it.

Heh...she put it in the FIRST person...sounded like she was admitting being a litterbug everywhere ELSE in town. I didn't say anything until I heard the quote again on the replay during DetroitTODAY.

[[I'm a bit bummed, thought it was going to be a live interview...not a replay of the earlier story...hope Craig and Quinn enjoyed the coffee and smoke break!)

Gannon, I recently saw a report that basically backed up the conditional littering theory. People are less likely to litter if the place is clean. If the place is a mess they have no quams about adding to it. It applied to graffiti also.

Default georgia street

I think it is beautiful the way a person is led by the spirit of God to do something for the community. The mindset has to change then the community will change. God through his Holy Spirit which goes into man could make that change. All we have to do is accept Him.

Loved it! Good job everyone!

Great job Cub, keep up the hard work.

I love the great stories about the garden that I have read and heard over the last year. Great job GSCC