Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Motown Is Back! Music College To Open In Capitol Park

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...usic-education The brand new Detroit Institute of Music Education [[DIME), is opening in Capitol Park in September. It will take up all space in the Bamlet Building [[across from Urban Bean) and will begin auditions at the space on 1520 Woodward. Could this be the first sign that Motown is coming back?

That certainly sounds like an interesting addition to the Capitol Park area. Pretty good news for Urban Bean too, I suppose.

Are there any updates on any of the other pending residential projects in Capitol Park?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    That certainly sounds like an interesting addition to the Capitol Park area. Pretty good news for Urban Bean too, I suppose.

Are there any updates on any of the other pending residential projects in Capitol Park?
    There's a pretty active thread on "The Alfred" [[former Griswold Building), which looks to be coming online very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    There's a pretty active thread on "The Alfred" [[former Griswold Building), which looks to be coming online very soon.
    Correction: "The Albert", which pays tribute to Architect Albert Kahn who design the building.

Capitol Park was always my favorite pocket of downtown while growing up. It's great to see the area on the rebound.

I remember there were 4 toy stores in that area during the 60's through the early 80's. Would be nice to have a new one in the area.
    Last edited by astongraham; March-21-14 at 06:53 PM.