Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hi BigB, I just wanted to put your thread back at the top :-)

Thank you.
    I'm reading "Frozen" A true story " My journey into the world of cryoniocs deception and death.
    And Fordlandia 'The rise and fall of Henry Fords forgottoten jungle city."

Please allow the truth when it comes to ALCOR and the place in Clinton TWP.

I cried for "Hamburger Hill" and "The Hurt Locker" said what?

Aaniin, K'chiAmoo. I got this today. It would be great if you could get to this program in Grand Rapids:

Thursday, March 4
    Thursdays at the Ford: A Series on Women's History

The Dual Heritage of Etta Smith Wilson, Ambitious Newswoman and Passionate Ornithologist
    Descended from nineteenth-century missionaries and Odawa medicine women, Wilson grew in Grand Rapids into a renowned journalist and uniquely accomplished "bird-woman."
    Presenters: Cindy Laug and Connie Ingham, Grand Valley State University
    7:00 pm, Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, 303 Pearl NW
    Sponsored by Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Grand Rapids Historical Society, Greater Grand Rapids Women’s History Council, & Grand Rapids Historical Commission
    Free and open to the public.

Hey, thanks Gaz, thanks for the info on my relative. That's quite quite a drive for a lecture, but I'll try to find some info online after the presentation.
    Also, I received the messages from you and Erie !
    Thanks for the heads up.

Bigb23, always enjoy your posts and wit. Has your health improved lately?

My husband teases me about my "imaginary" friends but I do get fond of certain posters and worry if all is not right.

Thanks, Sumas.I've alway's enjoyed you and your husbands posts. Can you suppourt the city from the northern ranks ?
    BigB23

Have to admit that comment went right over my head. ???

Really, are you doing ok? Funny that you figured out who my husband is. We never mention each other by name and he posts infrequently. I tell him he is just plain lazy. He does read the boards everyday like I do. As a landscaper, I don't work winters and this board helps me keep my sanity and hopefully humor.

Things have been pretty rough for us lately but I keep up hope for better things. Don't need or want much, but a little feeling of security would be nice.

As always I love my city and try hard to improve it. In my neighborhood, a resident almost lost her house. The area rallied around her and forced the bank to renegotiate her mortgage. That was very uplifting.

Best wishes, Sumas

I'm kinda wondering about the WI-FI hot spots touted around here. At the Mc D's in Oxford, it took 20 minutes to log on. At a Mc D's that should be an in and out lunch. I talked with a manager and he was clueless.

WI-FI really slows down when there are a lot of users, especially if some are downloading videos or music. Maybe wait til they aren't as busy for better access.

So, aniish na, Kchiamoo? How are you doing?

Just rented and downloaded "Honor the Earth Pow-Wow" "Songs of the Great Lakes Indians"

Still trying to stay on top of my heritage.

Still trying to stay on top of my heritage.
    I just sent you a private message about that - read it and send me an e-mail!

I'm just reviving ?, an old thread to announce my zombie-like re-entry back into the digital world.
    After years of using the bookmobile broadband for a twenty minute stretch, once a week, I now have unlimited broadband at home. Whew - what a black hole of over the air local news ! Did you know the everything in the world can harm you ? Don't touch anything - news at eleven ! Here's a blue and green closeup blob, of the tornado that already creamed your house. More at eleven. Stay with us, for hints of what you can see twelve hours later in the morning news.

Glad to be back, throw the darts over the shoulder.

CCbatson where are you ? Smoke ?

Good to have you back. I think we all miss your brand of humor, so get on it an start cracking us up. Dyes has not been the same with out you.

Thanks - Django

I've been angry in the past at the lack of online access for the less financally enabled. It burns me a bit to see to see anti Americans on TV waving their IPhones, when I can't even call down to the corner.

Virgin Mobile and Richard Branson has been a Godsend here in the States. We all need a say too.

CCbatson where are you?
    He's long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I've been angry in the past at the lack of online access for the less financally enabled.
    Welcome back.

This ticks me off too. Comcast and AT&T et al. lobby hard to ensure that you will be paying $40, $50 / month for broadband and since they own and control the last mile, it won't change unless municipalities decide to fund this initiative [[and not with those "partnerships" that either don't get off the ground or provide shit service).

The digital divide is alive and well in the U.S.

Thanks -
    We are far behind third world countries that offer their citizens broadband for next to nothing. We are the only ones that offer a obscene profit.

I've been angry in the past at the lack of online access for the less financally enabled
    Have you checked into Netzero? I've got a DSL with them and it's pretty cheap.

Thanks -
    We are far behind third world countries that offer their citizens broadband for next to nothing. We are the only ones that offer a obscene profit.
    Exactly. Profit trumps all in the U.S. when it comes to internet access for everyone. There was a plan proposed by the FCC to have nationwide free [[768 kps) broadband but of course, we can't have that. Thanks CTIA. I can't wait until this business model is dead and buried.

Have you checked into Netzero? I've got a DSL with them and it's pretty cheap.
    Thanks pam, that would lead to a land line thru ATT+T which leads back to the original cost anyways.

Thanks pam, that would lead to a land line thru ATT+T which leads back to the original cost anyways.
    True, but I save by not having cable TV of any kind.

Cable free for four years running. I don't miss a thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3