Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mayors, rabbis arrested in corruption probe

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/...sts/index.html

Detroit Politicians aren't the only ones committing crimes. So, its not related to the gheto or black people as many on this forum have implied.

Blacks in Detroit, Jews in New Jersey--can it get any clearer?? It's a conspiracy, I tell you! A CONSPIRACY!!

It is not race-specific...shame on you.

But the political-religious ties are blindingly obvious.

In Detroit, it is with the Urban Xtian Pastors of huge churches that have benefited since ol' McNamara used Kwhyme's Daddy and Momma to draw them into his political machine!

So, that means the Feds are probably looking into this here...good. Let's hope things blow to the sky for these crooks HERE soon...

I truly believe that nearly anyone who runs for public office does so for one of three reasons.

1. What's in it for me?
    2. An overwhelming ego.
    3. 1 and 2 above.

And the involvement of people of religion in so many scandals tells you all you need to know about moralizing and preaching. Get your own houses in order and then SHUT UP!

ccbatson Guest

What was the political party affiliation of the office holders indicted again?

For any jewish formers: aren't there some pretty strong provision in the faith about missing body parts and not being able to enter a synagogue? Forgive me, if I'm way off base, but I was told a story about a friend's grandfather who was no longer able to be a cantor because he lost an eye in a car accident. Because he was no longer "whole" he was somehow unclean and therefore unable to read from or touch the torah.

Hence, I'm wondering about the imported kidneys from poor isralis...are there taboos against giving up a kidney? Or is considered a mitzva?

hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

ccbatson Guest

That would be the case if they were honestly abiding by the law of the land and religious law.

It is akin to exonerating a murderer because, at some point, they claimed to be devout Catholics.