Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default effigies on Woodward

taking a leisurely drive south on Woodward, at 6 [[McNickles) and woodward north of deja vue was an interesting site/sight. A crumbling motel? had effigies hanging on each of its upper story columns. kind of gruesome looking!

Anyone else seen this?

Yes. I've seen it. They are like cloth-stuffed, lifelike figures hanging in most of the windows of the ruined two story hotel - suspended in the missing windows. Right around the corner from the new Palmer Park redevelopment.

The figures where hung up during halloween a few years back and never removed the day after.

People seem to have been squatting there, pretty brazenly, for a long time. I've seen people chilling on the porches drinking with votive candles for light in the evening and clothes hung out to air dry back before this brutal winter set in. Maybe the scarecrows are there to keep away photographers and urban explorers? I'm only half-joking with that last sentence.

From google maps here's the ruin hotel before the figures where hung in the doorways!
    Attached Images Attached Images