Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Too soon for a verdict on Metro Times under the Euclid Media Group?

We've seen lame attempts at humor, republishing online of articles from other sources [[often not identified as such) and some shoddy journalism. Are these just "transition pains" or is this the end of MT being at all worth reading?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    We've seen lame attempts at humor, republishing online of articles from other sources [[often not identified as such) and some shoddy journalism. Are these just "transition pains" or is this the end of MT being at all worth reading?
    Links, please, and specifics. It is easy enough, I imagine, to provide links and examples of what you're talking about, yes? That would help move the conversations along better than vague complaints and example-free accusations ...

Other than that, I'm out ...

are they hiring?

Here are two links I found....

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ence-add-staff

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...d-media-group#

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Links, please, and specifics. It is easy enough, I imagine, to provide links and examples of what you're talking about, yes? That would help move the conversations along better than vague complaints and example-free accusations ...

Other than that, I'm out ...

Here's the thing: We all saw that major comedy fail with the Freep and News moving to Mexico. I get their alleged blog updates on Facebook and haven't seen anything that qualifies as a blog for a couple of months - it's been either a re-post of something in its entirety or a condensed version. For the most part they have been banal and/or inane.

My personal theory is that Metro Times needs an injection of new blood. Yes, they've changed around the staff, but it's all from the same social circles. It's very '90s alternative. I don't think young people identify with it. They still have some great content, but there's a lot of junk, too.

Do young people identify with newspapers at all anymore? All the ones I know never seem to read anything non-electronic and extremely short. The people I see picking up Metro Times all seem to be in their 30s or 40s.

Here's an example of the crap I was talking about. This was posted a couple of weeks ago somewhere else, don't recall where.

http://photos.metrotimes.com/the-20-...of-all-time/#1